Random. No more or less

My sympathies Ms. Lola! I too would be fine being plastered into a wall right now (but please let me have my HBII in there)!! Musically my life is best ever, everything else, crumbling around me!!!

I recently watched a piece by John Oliver about mental health. Statistics are showing that 1 in 4 people (at least in America right now) are depressed. Society has been put through the ringer the past 2+ years, and a lot of people are on the edge of crisis. The reason I bring this up is, do not be afraid to seek some counseling on what you are going through. I have been hinting it to every doctor I see for the past 3 months (and I have seen a lot of them in that time) with no results, and next time I see my primary care physician I am just going to straight up request a referral. I just want to be able to dump from my mind, all that has been going on and try to find some additional ways to cope with this tsunami of negativity in my life. I feel I am a strong person, but we all have limits and I would rather not wait until I am at the edge ;~))

Stay strong and know that what you are doing for others is a treasure in their lives, whether they say so, show it or not! That alone should make you feel a bit better ;~)) Best wishes to you in all you are going through, I hope it is over soon!!!

Huggy B, power to you as well Sir! Hope you are able to strap on again in the near future!!!
Well said my dude. I started seeing someone about 3 years ago and I still have my moments but they are fewer and far between these days.

Indeed life deals us blows and they always seem to crash down at once. These are words to live by, funny but I just posted this to my IG account this week. Hang in there bro.

So...
It's 3:30am and I wake up to an animal screaming this morning outside my bedroom window in the back yard.
It stopped after about 15 seconds...
About 2 minutes later I realized what kind of animal it was... a skunk... :eek:
The stink started to fill the bedroom so I jumped out of bed to close the windows. Then it dawned on me that the kitchen window facing the backyard was open also.
Too late... the stink was now all over the bottom floor. Ugh... Closed that window as well whilst gagging.
Lots of Glade later, and I'm just back from a 30km bike ride.
Yup... still stinks.
Extremely glad that it is supposed to rain tomorrow...
:confused:

Hi guys sorry for the MIA. Dealing with some serious health issues, trying to juggle surgery dates for my husbands up coming surgery. There is one fracture that refuses to heal. He is on a medication that strengthens rebuilds his bones. Can’t remember the name of it. The side effects are very hard for us to deal with. There is other sh1t going on with other family members. I really want to crawl in a wall and plaster me in.

I have a bit of support but not much. My nephew is a police officer and is able to keep my husband on the straight narrow. His training in crisis prevention is so helpful but I don’t like to put him in this position. He is my rock atm. I couldn’t love him anymore for helping us with this situation.

And….this is still his right foot. We still have the left one that needs to be done.

I will be back sooner then later. I miss all of you!

Thoughts are with and your family. Hope all works out well.

I feel for you Lola, ......more than most. Best wishes.

My spine hurts, haven't been able to play since mid July.
Never take your health for granted.

Sorry to hear this. You’re music is cool. Hope you get back to playing soon.

So...
It's 3:30am and I wake up to an animal screaming this morning outside my bedroom window in the back yard.
It stopped after about 15 seconds...
About 2 minutes later I realized what kind of animal it was... a skunk... :eek:
The stink started to fill the bedroom so I jumped out of bed to close the windows. Then it dawned on me that the kitchen window facing the backyard was open also.
Too late... the stink was now all over the bottom floor. Ugh... Closed that window as well whilst gagging.
Lots of Glade later, and I'm just back from a 30km bike ride.
Yup... still stinks.
Extremely glad that it is supposed to rain tomorrow...
:confused:
Duuude!! Sorry. So very sorry. I’ve tangled with one of those before. Worst part I was on a week long hiking trip in the middle of the AT so, other than a couple of creek baths with some Irish Spring we all pretty much had to wear it. That was when I was like 15, I’m 54 now and occasionally I’ll have the smell hit me outta no where. As if it literally burned itself into my sense of smell but also into my psyche. Skunks are of the debbil. Good luck getting the funk out buddy.

P. S. F SKUNKS!!!

Duuude!! Sorry. So very sorry. I’ve tangled with one of those before. Worst part I was on a week long hiking trip in the middle of the AT so, other than a couple of creek baths with some Irish Spring we all pretty much had to wear it. That was when I was like 15, I’m 54 now and occasionally I’ll have the smell hit me outta no where. As if it literally burned itself into my sense of smell but also into my psyche. Skunks are of the debbil.
Brutal...
I live near Burns Bog and raccoons and skunks are not uncommon at all.
My last skunk experience was (sadly) running over one on a highway. Didn't see it, couldn't avoid it.
My car was radio-skunk-active for days. Numerous car washes... numerous... Sorry Mr. Skunk... but dayum...
I'm still smelling it... can't go outside... maybe I should go out for dinner... and a movie... and a hotel...

Brutal...
I live near Burns Bog and raccoons and skunks are not uncommon at all.
My last skunk experience was (sadly) running over one on a highway. Didn't see it, couldn't avoid it.
My car was radio-skunk-active for days. Numerous car washes... numerous... Sorry Mr. Skunk... but dayum...
I'm still smelling it... can't go outside... maybe I should go out for dinner... and a movie... and a hotel...
They must be everywhere in North America? They are pretty common down here too.

I thinks the last part sounds like a solid plan bro. Hopefully you won’t have to torch your house. Good luck!

Edit: Just googled it. Those little bastids are everywhere from Northern Mexico to Southern Canada.

I thinks the last part sounds like a solid plan bro. Hopefully you won’t have to torch your house. Good luck!

Edit: Just googled it. Those little bastids are everywhere from Northern Mexico to Southern Canada.

None here and don’t even think about sending a care package including dehydrated skunk (just add water).

But we do have Cullen skink (get googling).

Yup... the ubiquitous skunk...
New plan... sear a steak inside with onions and mushrooms.
That oughta stink up the place in a good way.

Absolutely CANNOT be worse. :eek:
My house had a wooded area in back, and we'd smell skunk from time to time. All kinds of PITA stufft would happen to the house on a daily basis - skunks, birds, tall trees falling in windstorms, cottonwood snow in spring, critters, lightning strikes, biblical floods and power outages.

There was also some bad stuff.

My sympathies Ms. Lola! I too would be fine being plastered into a wall right now (but please let me have my HBII in there)!! Musically my life is best ever, everything else, crumbling around me!!!

I recently watched a piece by John Oliver about mental health. Statistics are showing that 1 in 4 people (at least in America right now) are depressed. Society has been put through the ringer the past 2+ years, and a lot of people are on the edge of crisis. The reason I bring this up is, do not be afraid to seek some counseling on what you are going through. I have been hinting it to every doctor I see for the past 3 months (and I have seen a lot of them in that time) with no results, and next time I see my primary care physician I am just going to straight up request a referral. I just want to be able to dump from my mind, all that has been going on and try to find some additional ways to cope with this tsunami of negativity in my life. I feel I am a strong person, but we all have limits and I would rather not wait until I am at the edge ;~))

Stay strong and know that what you are doing for others is a treasure in their lives, whether they say so, show it or not! That alone should make you feel a bit better ;~)) Best wishes to you in all you are going through, I hope it is over soon!!!

Huggy B, power to you as well Sir! Hope you are able to strap on again in the near future!!!
Praying for you.

I’m told that after removing their stink gland, they make good pets.
No.
I think I’ll pass.

Back