Random. No more or less

I am wandering if any of you truly believe the moon landing happened with Buzz Aldren and Neil Armstrong? And if not, why?

Just a discussion and nothing more!

There’s a Moon Landing thread started by your friend @DreamTheaterRules (aka WingerRules). It’s an absolute sh!t show. Don’t know if you want to reduce your thread to that.

Just sayin’ for a friend.

There’s a Moon Landing thread started by your friend @DreamTheaterRules (aka WingerRules). It’s an absolute sh!t show. Don’t know if you want to reduce your thread to that.

Just sayin’ for a friend.
Damn, you beat me to it! Well, here is the link to the thread if you want to suffer through it Miss Lola:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/another-moon-landing-for-some-people-not-to-believe.57838/

To be clear, this thread was about the new moon landing by India, but the original was touched upon in that thread amidst the horror!!

And just so you know @Lola , my laugh emoji reaction to your post was not to laugh at you, but I was laughing about the thread listed above and how your question related to it ;~))

Last edited:
I am not sure how I would handle an experience like that. Part of me thinks I would like it. I would like to make a connection with something outside of my own head like that. The hardest part for me would be learning how to meditate correctly and getting past it feeling silly. I feel like I am so far away from being able to get there. My brain is always on and it is hard to turn it off. I don't have trouble sleeping for the most part. I just don't know that I know how to relax anymore.
I totally get it. When I entered into that meditation routine, I was trying to affect a big change in my life as detailed above. I also had felt that meditation seemed a tad silly to me (used to feel the same way about golf), but once I got into my routine (after about a month or so), it was a very comforting time. I generally did my routine shortly before bed time. I would recommend that you do some research like I did about what people do in their routines/practices, what meditation means to people, what you want out of it, and develop something of your own that does not feel silly. It really is very relaxing and it helped me clear my head each day considering that was part of my routine, to not let ANY other thoughts into my head, just looking inward and trying to get in touch with my mind and my body and my soul rather than the world in which I exist at this time.

I totally get it. When I entered into that meditation routine, I was trying to affect a big change in my life as detailed above. I also had felt that meditation seemed a tad silly to me (used to feel the same way about golf), but once I got into my routine (after about a month or so), it was a very comforting time. I generally did my routine shortly before bed time. I would recommend that you do some research like I did about what people do in their routines/practices, what meditation means to people, what you want out of it, and develop something of your own that does not feel silly. It really is very relaxing and it helped me clear my head each day considering that was part of my routine, to not let ANY other thoughts into my head, just looking inward and trying to get in touch with my mind and my body and my soul rather than the world in which I exist at this time.
I think the biggest hurdle beyond getting past the feeling silly part is to really figure out how to do it. I am not sure what I want out of it at this point other than being able to clear my head and give my mind a chance to breathe a little. I may have to try more of the guided mediations to see if I can get started that way. The nice thing about those is I use my earbuds to listen to it so it blocks everything else out.

I slept for a solid 8 hours. I feel like a superpower. Just amazing. It was medicated though. Right now it’s just sleep to me and I don’t care how I got to that point. All I know is this incredible.

Sleep to me is so important as it is to all of us.

Sorry @Moondog Wily I have actually been struggling to play as of late but today I will play for just really small bits at a time. I am going to try a new technique on myself called task bracketing. I found out how this works and it may help me a great deal. I found this out through reading about the functions of different parts of your brain.

Task-bracketing refers to the neural process that frames events happening just before the initiation and just after the completion of a habit. This process is mediated by a region in the basal ganglia known as the dorsolateral striatum

The Brain is such a world of wonder. Neuroscience is magical.

Self advocation is my main weapon of choice.

My career went a little off of the rails. I'd thought I was in line to be my school district's next community education director, but... Nope. Got a call from one of the district leaders, saying that they've chosen an outside candidate. She explained that it was really a toss up between the two of us, and he had direct experience working with middle school students. Our community ed program doesn't have a middle school component... I asked her to clarify that they had chosen someone they had spent ninety minutes interviewing over me, with 25 years of exceeding expectations. I turned my current program from doing $600,000 in revenue five years ago into $1.1 million this year, while cutting the expenses by $275k. Yup, they want the other guy.

So in two weeks, I'm turning in my resignation. I've decided that I'm out of the rat-race. My job is going to be being the best husband and father I can be. I'll find something close to home that I can do part-time to keep my pension credits accruing. It's time to be happy.

My career went a little off of the rails. I'd thought I was in line to be my school district's next community education director, but... Nope. Got a call from one of the district leaders, saying that they've chosen an outside candidate. She explained that it was really a toss up between the two of us, and he had direct experience working with middle school students. Our community ed program doesn't have a middle school component... I asked her to clarify that they had chosen someone they had spent ninety minutes interviewing over me, with 25 years of exceeding expectations. I turned my current program from doing $600,000 in revenue five years ago into $1.1 million this year, while cutting the expenses by $275k. Yup, they want the other guy.

So in two weeks, I'm turning in my resignation. I've decided that I'm out of the rat-race. My job is going to be being the best husband and father I can be. I'll find something close to home that I can do part-time to keep my pension credits accruing. It's time to be happy.
That sucks man. I have had a few setbacks where I am at. That is why I look at it in a transactional mode now. I was up for a promotion in early 2019 and someone used me as a scapegoat and I took the fall for something they did incorrectly and didn't even tell me they did it. The promotion was almost a done deal. They put my name in a report that went directly to our CEO and board of directors and blamed me for not getting a situation remediated, that I didn't even know about. Our CIO had to discuss it with the board since it was in the report that went to them. I nearly got fired for it. I no longer talk to that person. They have managed two promotions since then and are a Director these days. I am still stuck where I was back then with no promotion on the horizon. If I were not making decent money and have decent job security, I would have left. I know my job is probably going to be eliminated within the next three years. I am constantly watching for when the jump off point is. I am trying to figure out if it is going to be better to go out on my own terms and possibly take a pay cut or wait for the severance package and find something then.

I really hate these types of things. It is so jarring to your life.

When promotions and raises are not performance-based, the culture disincentivizes people and over time the culture (and workforce) will need to be rebuilt. I would wager that you are at the beginning, middle or end of a trend/cycle.

Their loss is your family's gain. Good on you for recognizing there are more meaningful ways to spend your time.

Last edited:
Thanks for the thoughts, commiserations, and encouragement. I tend to think that life works out best when I listen to it. It's a little daunting to walk away from a nice-paying job where I largely direct my own work, but I'm not happy. Each day I burn up with that is another where I don't get on to what's next.

In a nice little twist, I have an interview for a director position in another district on Friday. They seem nice. I'm going to see where it goes. I'm 48. My pension amount is based on my five highest earning years. If I could pull in really good money for five years, I'd be largely set for life. I'm conflicted between that and relying on my wife's income for the near future.

Time to do some soul-searching and reflection, I think.

Morning. 3:28 am can’t sleep. Any other insomniacs a wake?

Going to watch Kitchen nightmares with the very excellent but arrogant Chef Gordon Ramsey. I am sure a lot if it’s scripted but it’s entertaining.

I slept for a solid 8 hours. I feel like a superpower. Just amazing. It was medicated though. Right now it’s just sleep to me and I don’t care how I got to that point. All I know is this incredible.

Sleep to me is so important as it is to all of us.

Sorry @Moondog Wily I have actually been struggling to play as of late but today I will play for just really small bits at a time. I am going to try a new technique on myself called task bracketing. I found out how this works and it may help me a great deal. I found this out through reading about the functions of different parts of your brain.

Task-bracketing refers to the neural process that frames events happening just before the initiation and just after the completion of a habit. This process is mediated by a region in the basal ganglia known as the dorsolateral striatum

The Brain is such a world of wonder. Neuroscience is magical.

Self advocation is my main weapon of choice.

Sleep would be nice. I can't remember the last time I had a restful night's sleep. Part of it is that I don't sleep well, but another part is that one of my dogs can't can't make it through the night without either 1)having to pee, 2) having to poop, 3) waking me up just to make sure he gets a pet (insecurity?). Last night was 3 times because he's having intestinal issues at the moment. And it's always ME. Never my wife. She snores badly, so I have to sleep in the other room. She closes her door so I can't hear her. So it's only ever ME dealing with the nocturnal dog issues. Added to my already poor sleep, it's no wonder I keep with headaches, fatigue, and can't seem to shake this active EBV.

Sorry, I'm in a really shitty mode this morning. Sleep. Must be nice.

Haha... speaking of sleep, I forgot: today I went and picked up a "home sleep study" to check me for sleep apnea. When my wife did it, it was a breathing contraption on her face... but this is a watch linked to a finger probe and chest sensor. So tonite I'll be RECORDED not sleeping well!

Haha... speaking of sleep, I forgot: today I went and picked up a "home sleep study" to check me for sleep apnea. When my wife did it, it was a breathing contraption on her face... but this is a watch linked to a finger probe and chest sensor. So tonite I'll be RECORDED not sleeping well!
My wife had to do that a handful of years ago. They didn't tell her anything she didn't already know.

Bummer! Pets can be a real chore. We used to have a pet pig that lived in the house (very clean animals to be honest and not unlike a dog) and when we wanted to go on vacation, it was tough finding someone to watch the house and cats . . . and pig!!

I wish you and your wife the best in finding a resolution to your sleep issues, it is such a critical part of the human needs, which you know in spades!

Sleep studies can be life-changing. In 2017, I was falling asleep when I’d sit on the couch. Never felt rested. Got set up for a sleep study.

The two home ones I tried didn’t work for me. I pulled the wires off in my sleep. The third one was spending the night in the sleep clinic.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Not a surprise—I’m too heavy. I was a snore-machine. My blood oxygen levels were too low when sleeping and my sleep was constantly interrupted by my poor breathing.

Been using a CPAP since. It has changed everything about sleep for me. I fall asleep easily (in bed, not on the couch!). I sleep without interruption and wake up rested. I get through the day without feeling exhausted and as though I’m in a fog. It’s wonderful!

Sleep studies can be life-changing. In 2017, I was falling asleep when I’d sit on the couch. Never felt rested. Got set up for a sleep study.

The two home ones I tried didn’t work for me. I pulled the wires off in my sleep. The third one was spending the night in the sleep clinic.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Not a surprise—I’m too heavy. I was a snore-machine. My blood oxygen levels were too low when sleeping and my sleep was constantly interrupted by my poor breathing.

Been using a CPAP since. It has changed everything about sleep for me. I fall asleep easily (in bed, not on the couch!). I sleep without interruption and wake up rested. I get through the day without feeling exhausted and as though I’m in a fog. It’s wonderful!

I've read where losing weight (no doubt a considerable amount) can help or even eliminate sleep apnea... did you try that? True enough I'm the heaviest I've ever been. I'm not obese according to BMI, but just below. That is going to be remedied. Too many health issues come with extra weight.

I've read where losing weight (no doubt a considerable amount) can help or even eliminate sleep apnea... did you try that? True enough I'm the heaviest I've ever been. I'm not obese according to BMI, but just below. That is going to be remedied. Too many health issues come with extra weight.

The two can be related. My weight fluctuates a bit. I’m about 260 right now, but was up at 290 earlier this year. I was down around 250 a few years ago.

When I was in my 20s and a “healthy” 180, I’m pretty sure I had sleep apnea. I’ve always been a snorer and never had the “sleep hygiene” that most people have. Terrible sleep habits going back to before my time in the USAF, and exasperated by working rotating shifts for four years.

I should have paid attention to my symptoms years before, but I didn’t have a clue. My wife snores on occasion. I urged her to do a sleep study. No sleep apnea, but she now has a nightguard that keeps her from grinding her teeth.

Back