PSA - PRS signature gig bags half price at the PRS accessories store.

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Like the title says…

I recently set up my amps a little differently in my studio rig, and as a result, had a couple of speaker cables that weren't long enough to reach from one of the amp and cab combinations to the KHE amp and cab switcher I rely on in sessions.

With an Amp and Cab Switcher, you need a cable for the amp to the switcher, and a second cable from the switcher to the cab. If you buy good cables, it can get costly! But quality counts, too, and I don't skimp on the stuff I use.

PRS sale to the rescue. I bought two of the 20 foot Signature speaker cables on sale; it's a great price for an extremely high quality, well made, tough cable.These are made by Van Damme in the UK,

Van Damme did the re-cabling for the Abbey Road Studio rooms and control rooms, including the echo chambers, etc. So you can have confidence that it's high quality.

I've been using these speaker cables and their guitar cables ever since they came out, and zero issues, no tone suck. They're very flexible and lay flat on the floor without kinking, which is helpful for longer runs, and reduces any tripping hazard when I go behind the amps to make an adjustment. Couldn't be happier. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Like the title says…

Thanks man!!

If I only didn't hate gig bags.... I appreciate the PSA though!
"He hates me, Laz? Why I oughta...""

"Hey, none of that. People get overly angry over little things these days and you could get hurt."

"Are you kidding? Let's see what happens to that guy if he's thrown off the roof of a building holding a guitar, and then gets run over by a truck."

"People can die from that."

"So, why do people still prefer wooden cases, dude? I'm far tougher."

"It's complicated. I've spoken to Freud about this via the Ouija board. People hold onto the illusion of security. It helps them cope with the certainty of death. As for the wooden case preference...essentially it boils down to...

Last edited:

"Hey, none of that. People get overly angry over little things these days and you could get hurt."

"Are you kidding? Let's see what happens to that guy if he's thrown off the roof of a building holding a guitar, and then gets run over by a truck."

"It's complicated. I've spoken to Freud about this via the Ouija board. People hold onto the illusion of security. It helps them cope with the certainty of death. As for the wooden case preference...essentially it boils down to...

For the gigs I have done and hauling my guitars around, I wouldn't trust the typical gig bag. The ones Fender, Suhr and PRS use are not near enough protection for me. I like the sturdiness of the cases. I am still strong enough to move them around so I go with that option. :)

I would have to spend as much as what a case costs to get a gig bag I would trust. I would then have to store the extra cases... The guitars come with nice cases so I use those.

“If I had a gig bag, Ya ba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dum.”

For the gigs I have done and hauling my guitars around, I wouldn't trust the typical gig bag. The ones Fender, Suhr and PRS use are not near enough protection for me. I like the sturdiness of the cases. I am still strong enough to move them around so I go with that option. :)

I would have to spend as much as what a case costs to get a gig bag I would trust. I would then have to store the extra cases... The guitars come with nice cases so I use those.
You realize that I was being humorous, right?

I do but felt I should explain my point a bit. :)
I keep my guitars in hard cases, too, except when I go somewhere. They do a great job buffering indoor temp and humidity changes, and I can keep a humidipak in the case. You're certainly right that a gig bag I'd use costs about the same as a good case. The bag's just a lot lighter and more maneuverable. My well-constructed, modern gig bag is 9 pounds as opposed to 19 for my hard cases.

If I was still strong enough I'd carry a...wait...that's not true. Come to think of it, I'm not merely old and feeble. I also pamper myself way too much and I'm far too lazy to want to drag an extra ten pounds of dead weight like a ball and chain through an airport, or anywhere else at any time in my life.

Though my admittedly expensive gig bag probably does as good a job buffering, I'd guess it's too permeable for the humidipak. So I store them in the wooden cases.

Perhaps next time I get a batch o' humidipaks I'll put one in the gig bag and see how long it lasts before drying out. If it lasts as long as it would in a hard case, about 3-4 months, I'm getting more of these gig bags! ;)

Last edited:
I keep my guitars in hard cases, too, except when I go somewhere. They do a great job buffering indoor temp and humidity changes, and I can keep a humidipak in the case. You're certainly right that a gig bag I'd use costs about the same as a good case. The bag's just a lot lighter and more maneuverable. My well-constructed, modern gig bag is 9 pounds as opposed to 19 for my hard cases.

If I was still strong enough I'd carry a...wait...that's not true. Come to think of it, I'm not merely old and feeble. I also pamper myself way too much and I'm far too lazy to want to drag an extra ten pounds of dead weight like a ball and chain through an airport, or anywhere else at any time in my life.

Though my admittedly expensive gig bag probably does as good a job buffering, I'd guess it's too permeable for the humidipak. So I store them in the wooden cases.

Perhaps next time I get a batch o' humidipaks I'll put one in the gig bag and see how long it lasts before drying out. If it lasts as long as it would in a hard case, about 3-4 months, I'm getting more of these gig bags! ;)
Or move to some place like South Florida where the humidity is so high you don't need to use humidipacks. :)

Back