PRS tremolo should float parallel with the body?

I usually float mine parallel with body... and that goes for my DGT (which, thanks to the set neck I think, is closer to the top than the others), the Bladerunner on my strat, and the Floyd Rose on my Charvel. The latter 2 are 2-3/16" up, the DGT is more like 1-2/16"

BTW the DGT was set that way from the factory, with 11s, which is the gauge I play on PRSi. I play 10s on the strat and Charvel.

It used to be parallel to the body, but PRS changed it a few back to being parallel with the strings. The change was due, in part, to the curvature of most of the tops, making it difficult to choose a perfectly parallel line. The other part is that it makes more sense for the line to be parallel with the strings, since that is the direction of string tension - aligning to that ensures the float point is in-line with the string pull.

I don't get too hung up on the measurement- I only use the bar for subtle effects (no Vai here), so a little is all I need. So long as it stays in tune, I don't care what the actual measurement is.

I have not had to change most of mine due to them coming stock with the gauge of strings that I use so they were set correctly at the factory. However, I have set these for other people and on a couple of mine that I modified and I use a small metal ruler to set them level with the body, which pretty much ends up level with the strings. I have never measured this but from eyesighting it, it looks level with the strings. I started using the ruler a long time ago because it is visually tough to set with the body carve at the back end of the trem.

I have not had to change most of mine due to them coming stock with the gauge of strings that I use so they were set correctly at the factory. However, I have set these for other people and on a couple of mine that I modified and I use a small metal ruler to set them level with the body, which pretty much ends up level with the strings. I have never measured this but from eyesighting it, it looks level with the strings. I started using the ruler a long time ago because it is visually tough to set with the body carve at the back end of the trem.
A straight edge is a great help, if you want to be really picky in getting it level with the strings, lol.

Back