PRS Sighting

I understand what you are saying, but I'm also hearing so many of those forefather influences in so many newer bands. I'm 40, so I fall right in between the birth of rock, the growth into a wide variety of styles of rock, and the entire "post-rock" eras. I grew up with the Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, and Zep. Having said that, I also grew up with surf music (in fact I'm in a band with three guys who played surf in the sixties and got back together to play that and anything else that has interested them since then. Oddly enough, we play about 50 percent blues, from old standards to more modern stuff, and the other 50 percent covers rock, pop, and a little bit of rockabilly.

Those influences run strong, even in the newer stuff. The Black Keys, Jack White, Foo Fighters, Tedeschi Trucks all owe their sound and drive to the roots of rock. Then, there's the whole R&B/soul revival with bands and artists like Alabama Shakes, Amos Lee, Adele, even Amy Winehouse. I think those roots are still running strong and are being appreciated.

Just my two cents.

I understand what you are saying, but I'm also hearing so many of those forefather influences in so many newer bands. I'm 40, so I fall right in between the birth of rock, the growth into a wide variety of styles of rock, and the entire "post-rock" eras. I grew up with the Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, and Zep. Having said that, I also grew up with surf music (in fact I'm in a band with three guys who played surf in the sixties and got back together to play that and anything else that has interested them since then. Oddly enough, we play about 50 percent blues, from old standards to more modern stuff, and the other 50 percent covers rock, pop, and a little bit of rockabilly.

Those influences run strong, even in the newer stuff. The Black Keys, Jack White, Foo Fighters, Tedeschi Trucks all owe their sound and drive to the roots of rock. Then, there's the whole R&B/soul revival with bands and artists like Alabama Shakes, Amos Lee, Adele, even Amy Winehouse. I think those roots are still running strong and are being appreciated.

Just my two cents.

Play On PRS(i), Play On.

"I Don't Know A Lot, but I Know A Little".

Last edited:
No reason to think you don't fit in (also no reason why you would HAVE to fit in). This group is just such a positive group, that respects each other. When differences come up, people are generally quick to acknowledge others have their own perspective, and everyone generally sticks to the positives.

If you stick around, I'm sure you'll learn a lot...like I have.

Cheers.

Why did you delete the 1st post?

Get involved with some of the fun threads like the song title thread or the album art thread to ease yourself into forum culture, read the technical forums Electric Guitar, Acoustic, Amps etc. that's where the "serious" discussion is and even if you don't know about a particular amp or guitar, most of the technical know how is generic between models and brands.

And if no-one answers a thread you started wait it out, or start some controversy within the thread that gets a response (staying within the rules of course)

I know how you feel though cos I get that feeling too sometimes.

Last edited:
Hmmm...there must be a lot missing from this thread. Some edited/deleted content?? Now WHY would WishICouldPlay go storming-off like that? Don't fit-in? Cause of seeing the Beatles on ES at the age of 14? Paul McCartney just called. He says he doesnt fit in here either. Oh oh..ringing again..probably mick or Keith now.
WHAT did someone say to make so many people feel like they dont fit-in? Man...I hope I don't fit-in too cause that's quite the club. I want to fit-in with THEM instead lol.

Was it that someone said PRSs ROCK? As in they ONLY rock? And obviously they meant (if they said that) metal cause...I THINK at least that the Stones and Beatles were rock?

I thought my old CE was actually quite versatile. It does all kinds of music well. The McSoapy is a little less versatile but still covers a ton of ground and for SURE doesnt lean towards metal or hard rock..though it will kinda do them.
My Studio is DEFINITELY not a metal monster. Even after dumping the anemic 57/08 for something with a little more muscle to keep-up with the NFs I wouldnt call it mainly a ROCK guitar and definitely not a metal machine. Those NFs sound SO pretty..and so evil if you want them to.

Of course I'm just speculating on what may have caused wishIcouldplay to go storming out of here like that but I'm pretty old too..well I'll be 49 in two months. I have NO trouble fitting-in with everyone. Even if I was born 10 years earlier I would. Heck, my KIDS know all the lyrics to the tunes I grew-up lilstening to. They're pretty timeless and they're classics. I know I sure didnt (want to) know all my parents' favorite tunes from their younger days. In fact, I bet my Daughter's top ten music list probably contains the Beatles and Zepplin. Number one is MY band of course though ;-).

Come back old-timer. you may be too old to play with Gi-Joes and to want cotton-candy but you're never too old to fit-into a PRS!

Not sure what's going on here but....

Regards not fitting in here. I've never read one of your posts (Or anyone else for that matter) and thought 'this guy shouldn't be here'.

I've been here for almost a year - right from the start save a couple of days - and there are times I don't feel like i'm fitting in. It's transitory and just the nature of the beast. maybe a thread will start up and get popular and for whatever reason I can't get into it. Maybe there'll be threads that appeal more to Americans and they're hard to get into. I've had threads that have been unpopular, posts ignored, etc... I'm sure pretty much everyone here and on other forums have felt the same way at times, but it isn't necessarily a fault of the person, people or anything else. it's just the way things are. Social dynamics... Sometime's you're in on it and sometimes you aren't.

There's no malice in any of it... It's just the way these things go and it'll happen on any forum you go to - particularly one that has been around for a length of time. This forum is still relatively new but it's been around long enough tht it may be intimidating to join in.

Stick around, join in and eventually you'll find your niche.

Not sure what's going on here but....

Regards not fitting in here. I've never read one of your posts (Or anyone else for that matter) and thought 'this guy shouldn't be here'.

I've been here for almost a year - right from the start save a couple of days - and there are times I don't feel like i'm fitting in. It's transitory and just the nature of the beast. maybe a thread will start up and get popular and for whatever reason I can't get into it. Maybe there'll be threads that appeal more to Americans and they're hard to get into. I've had threads that have been unpopular, posts ignored, etc... I'm sure pretty much everyone here and on other forums have felt the same way at times, but it isn't necessarily a fault of the person, people or anything else. it's just the way things are. Social dynamics... Sometime's you're in on it and sometimes you aren't.

There's no malice in any of it... It's just the way these things go and it'll happen on any forum you go to - particularly one that has been around for a length of time. This forum is still relatively new but it's been around long enough tht it may be intimidating to join in.

Stick around, join in and eventually you'll find your niche.

Thx.
It is a cool forum, no doubt about that. I've been wanting to get myself a PRSi for many years. Now I have so many, I don't know what to do with them all (lol).
I think I'm a little cranky 'cause I'm gettin' older. I never really realized it till a couple of months ago.
Then !!!BOOM!!! It's like a reverse epiphany ... WTF??? ... when did that hapen?
Then you start to think, hmmm, a lot of my memories are older than 90% of the guys here.
Then you realize ... I've been playing professionally (if you consider getting paid professional) for over 45 years and I still suck ... damn!
Father Time spares no-one ... but it is a bit of a struggle till a person acclimates to it.

I also have a very severe ... problem. I think an intervention is in order. Maybe Dr. Rebecca will take me on, thinking about it, that wouldn't be so bad.

Last edited:
Thx.
It is a cool forum, no doubt about that. I've been wanting to get myself a PRSi for many years. Now I have so many, I don't know what to do with them all (lol).
I think I'm a little cranky 'cause I'm gettin' older. I never really realized it till a couple of months ago.
Then !!!BOOM!!! It's like a reverse epiphany ... WTF??? ... when did that hapen?
Then you start to think, hmmm, a lot of my memories are older than 90% of the guys here.
Then you realize ... I've been playing professionally (if you consider getting paid professional) for over 45 years and I still suck ... damn!
Father Time spares no-one ... but it is a bit of a struggle till a person acclimates to it.

I also have a very severe ... problem. I think an intervention is in order. Maybe Dr. Rebecca will take me on, thinking about it, that wouldn't be so bad.
Mike is right on the money I think. Sheeeeeeeeet, I been cranky from day 1! My tolerance dwindles daily:D
I'll be old man yelling, "get off my lawn" before too long:)

Back