PRS SE Zach Myers - Finally in Brazil! And it's miiiiine!

Falko83

Hey guys!

In the middle of the month the PRS SE ZM arrived in Brazil. As I really wanted this guitar, and was in direct contact with PRS representatives in Brazil, I ordered it the day it arrived. It was expensive (because of import fees, it end up costing USD 1350). But it was worth it.

It arrived here this Wednesday. It came with 09s, which I don't like. When trying to put 0.10s, the nut slot didn't fir, so I took it to a luthier here in my city so he could properly set it up. His comment when I went to pick up the guitar this morning: "this guitar is amazingly well constructed, and it sounds amazing!"

I have to agree with him. I really liked the pickups (for now), and the only possible upgrades perhaps I'll make in the near future are a new but (Graphtech) and if I have some trouble with tuning, the Gotoh SD 90, as I read it is a direct fit. Maybe strap locks, but that is not an issue for me.

I found the guitar to be REALLY light. I was playing with a borrowed Gibson SG, and also own a Tagima Stratocaster (brazilian company, heavily modded) and get to play with a Cheruti Lucky 6 ("boutique" luthier guitar, signature model for brazilian guitarist Frank Solari).

So, here are the pictures of my new baby. I'm a really happy dude right now!

hSBHpAS.jpg

t98ZEgp.jpg

qSQ5IQi.jpg

MHj0lJO.jpg

iVAKt68.jpg

Very nice!
I see your cable is from Brazil too.
I have one of his that has the cut out switch you tap to get the cut out sounds.

That is beautiful...those vertical stripes are really different...congrats!!

Congrats, even if you had to pay extra because of import duties, the guitar is still a great value. Enjoy.

Thanks guys. Yes, it is a great instrument for what you pay for.

CoreyT, Santo Angelo makes some ok cables. There is also one brazilian company that is making some excellent cables: Tecniforte. They are top notch, great quality.

That top is very unique looking - I love the vertical (as shown) banding. And Congrats! I love my ZM, plays very close to my core PRSi.

Back