PRS SE Hollow II piezo-

KRocker55

I bought my PRS SE Hollow II piezo as soon as it was available June 2021 and am truly enjoying it. It plays excellent and was the prettiest guitar in my arsenal. My concern/disappointment is the deteriorating quality of the finish on both the pic ups and bridge. The finish has gone from chrome to a dull nickel. The guitar was made in china and the year old hardware looks 20 years old. I wipe down my guitar after a gig but I cannot help the failure of the finish. I have never had a guitar deteriorate like this and in only one year. Has anyone else ever had this experience and does PRS realize it? The guitar still works fine but has lost its pizazz. Thanks

Lucky you (kidding) as I love that worn nickel look! Wiping it down is okay but that may just wipe away any protective coat therefor defeating the purpose. I would try some never dull, once clean, I coat the chrome pickup covers and bridge with some type of polish, wax and just maintain it with a clean dry cloth after use. Is the guitar stored in the case, on a stand, high humidity. I find humidity is the main cause of hardware getting dull. My 02 cents.

Blue Magic works well, too. They may look chrome, but they are actually nickel covers. It's just the way it reacts to your body chemistry. Everyone has a different experience, but yours is not abnormal.

Back