PRS SE HBII...Arrived!

CandidPicker

Tone Matters. Use It Well.
Was having trouble bonding with my Epiphone ES-339, so have offered this for a very good price on eBay w/ Epi HSC included.

What will replace the ES-339 is a PRS SE HBII 2022 Black/Gold. The HBII has what I need to create my desired tones, and didn't break the piggy-bank in the process. Exceptional price, free shipping.

Soon to be a NUGD next week. Images to follow.

Was having trouble bonding with my Epiphone ES-339, so have offered this for a very good price on eBay w/ Epi HSC included.

What will replace the ES-339 is a PRS SE HBII 2022 Black/Gold. The HBII has what I need to create my desired tones, and didn't break the piggy-bank in the process. Exceptional price, free shipping.

Soon to be a NUGD next week. Images to follow.
Great choice! I have one, love it, but found it to sound quite different from a 339 or 335.

Great choice! I have one, love it, but found it to sound quite different from a 339 or 335.
Sound-wise, it's what I'm hoping to work with. The 339 and 335 are voiced as if they are more muffled (accentuated mids/lower mids, perhaps?) and don't have the same clarity as a SE HBII.

I used to own a 2018 SE HBII Piezo, but found the dual output somewhat inconvenient. Eventually sold that about 18 months ago. Was jonesing for a lighter weight better quality import and found one at Dave's Guitar Shop. Was almost tempted by a George Benson Ibanez, but trusted PRS quality instead.

My NUGD, a 2022 PRS SE HBII Black/Gold.

SLZF4Uz.jpg

GIJaSa1.jpg

Congrats, sweet guitar.
Thanks, Reub. I keep rediscovering why PRS makes a quality product. Some builders you don't know what the guitar will feel like in your hands, the weight, the neck profile, many additional factors.

With PRS, if you know what pattern vintage or wide fat is like, you can rest assured that a guitar with a wide fat neck will be just that. My previous experience with an Epiphone ES-339 turned out to be a dud..."rounded C neck" isn't what it sounded like and widens towards the guitar body. Great for traditional jazz, but no way could I do over-the-top thumb chords. Back the ES-339 went. Am awaiting a message Wednesday from Sweetwater saying the guitar arrived safely. Hope my sales rep won't be too disappointed.

Congrats! I picked one of these up in January as a shop here (UK) was blowing them out for £799 and that felt too good to pass up… thankfully I was right, the guitar is simply fantastic!
Yup. Just filling an empty hole where there was a need. Life can almost be described accurately in this sense...

Gotta get me that blue neon setup for under my guitar!
It's actually photo-editing software from the App Store called 'Pixelmator.' About $49.

You take a pic of the item you wish to work with, import said image into Pixelmator, use the Tools > Selection > Polygonal feature to left-click ever-so-carefully around the outline of your subject, then when completed, select "Cut" from Edit. (Be careful never to right-click; it'll bring up a menu that will throw off your work.)

Select "Paint" and "Fill," and choose a dark background. Then, select, "Paste" from Edit, and "Deselect." Then still within Paint, select "Shadow," and the rest is intuitive. I use about 95% of the 3 features designed to create a highlighted image.

Here's an example of how some of my previous work has been...

OENCmMF.jpg

3FyZFRW.jpg

Great NGD!
Congrats, and I hope it sticks in your arsenal!
Thanks. It's only a new tool in the toolbox. Not an Italian sports car that does 0 to 250 in 6 seconds. Lotsa folks told me not to believe the hype about SE guitars, but knowing first-hand what they are like was reassurance enough. The locals will likely sigh if I bust into several verses of Harvest Moon...but, it's been known to happen before...cheers. I resolved to make sure the kitchen stayed clean this week. That's a resolution I think I can keep.

It's actually photo-editing software from the App Store called 'Pixelmator.' About $49.

You take a pic of the item you wish to work with, import said image into Pixelmator, use the Tools > Selection > Polygonal feature to left-click ever-so-carefully around the outline of your subject, then when completed, select "Cut" from Edit. (Be careful never to right-click; it'll bring up a menu that will throw off your work.)

Select "Paint" and "Fill," and choose a dark background. Then, select, "Paste" from Edit, and "Deselect." Then still within Paint, select "Shadow," and the rest is intuitive. I use about 95% of the 3 features designed to create a highlighted image.

Here's an example of how some of my previous work has been...

OENCmMF.jpg

3FyZFRW.jpg
Total transparency…
I knew it was something like that. I was yanking your chain a little. But hey, thanks for the info. That’s good looking editing.

Back