prs se custom 24 locking tunners

eveyprs

Hi what locking machine heads are a direct drop into a prs se custom 24? I remember seeing it somewhere but cant find the info, I don't want to drill any holes.
cheers
Dave.

I believe the Gotoh 406C's are a direct drop in on the SE's that don't have the vintage style tuners, which is most of the SE's.

You mean Grover 406c. I've just got a set from Stewmac.

Tuner2-2.jpg

Last edited:
I have a custom SE 24 and a Core ten top custom 24. The core, of course has the locking tuners. Well, I got the SE out last night and realized, this thing is in perfect tune and I haven't used it for some time. so, guess I'll stay with those stock tuners.

My first SE had locking tuners when I picked it up used but the Tremonti SE custom I have now seems to stay in tune pretty well but it has a trem so between that and the ease of changing strings I've pretty much decided that all my guitars should have them. It's a personal preference as always. :)

+1 on the Grover 406Cs, they work well and feel good. I kinda wish the buttons were a LITTLE bigger, and more similar-looking to the stock PRS ones, but really no complaints.

I gotta get those!!!Iam constantly re-tunning, but I've been use to a Floyd rose

do these grovers add weight to the head stock you no I hate guitars that are head heavy and don't balance properly? just a thought

do these grovers add weight to the head stock you no I hate guitars that are head heavy and don't balance properly? just a thought

They are actually pretty small, if anything they may be even a bit lighter than the OE non-lockers from what I can feel.

FYI, the Grovers that work are just the 406 3+3, the C stand for Chrome, there's B for Black and G for Gold.

Back