PRS Santana Ergonomics

sillypilot

Hi all - Question for those of you who have a PRS core Santana. How is the guitar ergonomically when it hangs? For example are the frets “shifted” left or right compared to say a PRS 594? How about neck weight vs. the body shape/weight (i.e., SG style neck dive).

Any thoughts appreciated! I don’t have local access to check one out.

Thanks!!
Jorge

No neck dive on any I have played or owned , it does feel VERY compact.

It’s a 24 fret design, so if I follow your shift analogy, it would be shifted to the left a bit. But it is a 24.5 scale, so not as much as a 25 inch model.

Hi all - Question for those of you who have a PRS core Santana. How is the guitar ergonomically when it hangs? For example are the frets “shifted” left or right compared to say a PRS 594? How about neck weight vs. the body shape/weight (i.e., SG style neck dive).

Thanks!!
Jorge
Which 594? The SC or double cut?

By the way, very good question, and small differences in neck placement can lead to a huge difference in ergonomics (to me). Have no experience wuth the santana, but the CU24 is imo notably less compact - and comfortable - than the CU22. Total difference might be about 2-3 cm (or a little over an inch, for our imperial members), but si definately prefer my 22 fret models.

Thanks!!
Jorge
My Mira, with 24 frets and basically the same body shape, feels like the headstock is shifted waaayyyy over to the left compared to a regular double cut and singlecut. TO ME it’s very noticeable, but after a few minutes, it goes away. Switching back and forth between body shapes is when I really notice it.
Probably has to to with my voluptuousness.;):)

I have a DC594 and Santanas, yeah, really isn’t any noticeable difference to me other than scale length, 594 22fret and Santana 24fret. Both are very comfortable wearing them with straps. No real noticeable shift. I don’t know why except maybe the 594 has a longer horn which compensates where it sits compared to the short horns on the Santana with shorter scale length and 24 frets. I don’t even know if that makes sense…… anyway, Carlos approves.

I have a DC594 and Santanas, yeah, really isn’t any noticeable difference to me other than scale length, 594 22fret and Santana 24fret. Both are very comfortable wearing them with straps. No real noticeable shift. I don’t know why except maybe the 594 has a longer horn which compensates where it sits compared to the short horns on the Santana with shorter scale length and 24 frets. I don’t even know if that makes sense…… anyway, Carlos approves.
You could be right about 'tha horn'

Back