PRS S2 Standard, Vintage Cherry

neileusmaximus

Just tried one of these with Dots instead of birds. It felt like and played like an SG but with a sturdier neck, smoother fretboard and better overall craftsmanship. I'm in love. Going to order one with birds soon. I think the S2 standard line was a fantastic idea from PRS. This will be my 1st PRS and my first non Les Paul. I went in thinking of buying an SG. Came out with a whole different mindset.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/S2Stb22VC/snS2009881

Good choice - you're going to love it. I had a similar experience: I went shopping for an SG Standard in 2013, not too long after the S2's were first released, and went from shop to shop trying them all but just could not fall in love with any of the ones I tried for one reason or another and at one shop just happened to pick up a Mira. Was love at first wank - gave me everything I wanted from an SG and more, plus the superior PRS build quality and playability. Couldn't be happier.

Footnote is that I did eventually get an SG, but I went with one of the really inexpensive SGJs because it was the only one outside of a CS that I thought was good value for dollar.

Back