PRS MT-15

SJP

This amp only has 1 lead volume and 1 clean volume control. Doesn't have an output control or master control. Is there anything that I can use to hook up to have a master control of the volume ?

This amp only has 1 lead volume and 1 clean volume control. Doesn't have an output control or master control. Is there anything that I can use to hook up to have a master control of the volume ?

Volume pedal?

Something with a level control in the effects loop is what you what you want. I use the level controls on a Boss LS2 that’s in my loop, but there are many other options.

Reactions: SJP
Any of today’s FX units by Fractal Audio & Line-6 will be able to switch amp channels & boost volume for solos.....

I use a Fractal FX8 (Not AX8) & truly just LOVE it!!! It gives me the ability to change amp channels w/ the 1/4” relays & boost or cut volume....& then gives me all kinds of High Quality FX, Drive pedals, pitch shifting & wah....

Good luck on your quest!

X

Volume pedal?
Volume Pedal? That doesn't work. If I have the lead volume knob set to 2,3,4 etc and I step off (heel down) it doesn't lower the volume, it just kills the gain(becomes clean). Heel down to the max and volume is at 0. On my Mesa Rec I can set the lead volume knob to 3 and my output knob to 3. I taper down the output knob to 2 or 1 and i'm not losing any gain...all it's doing is lowering the volume...I can taper down the output knob to a 1/2 and still have all the gain if I want to practice at night. So I'm looking to do the same for my MT-15 since it doesn't have an output knob. It just has the lead volume knob and If you try to taper down from 1 to about a 1/2 volume it doesn't work, it's too touchy. Lead volume goes from 1 to 0. I want to set the lead volume on this MT-15 to whatever 2,3 4 etc but have an output level or master level to lower the volume but not kill the gain.

Volume Pedal? That doesn't work. If I have the lead volume knob set to 2,3,4 etc and I step off (heel down) it doesn't lower the volume, it just kills the gain(becomes clean). Heel down to the max and volume is at 0. On my Mesa Rec I can set the lead volume knob to 3 and my output knob to 3. I taper down the output knob to 2 or 1 and i'm not losing any gain...all it's doing is lowering the volume...I can taper down the output knob to a 1/2 and still have all the gain if I want to practice at night. So I'm looking to do the same for my MT-15 since it doesn't have an output knob. It just has the lead volume knob and If you try to taper down from 1 to about a 1/2 volume it doesn't work, it's too touchy. Lead volume goes from 1 to 0. I want to set the lead volume on this MT-15 to whatever 2,3 4 etc but have an output level or master level to lower the volume but not kill the gain.

You have the volume pedal in the effect loop, right? And not into the front of the amp?

You have the volume pedal in the effect loop, right? And not into the front of the amp?
Sorry, I did not try through the effects loop...just through the front of the amp. should it be the 1st pedal in the loop or last?

Sorry, I did not try through the effects loop...just through the front of the amp. should it be the 1st pedal in the loop or last?
It has to be through the loop, otherwise you're just dropping the signal going into the front end of the amp - just like rolling down your volume on the guitar to clean up a crunch tone. In the loop, it should probably go last, as you want to drop the overall level of your complete signal chain.

Reactions: SJP
Master volumes are for sissies.

Of course, all my amps have master volumes. But I don’t use them much, so what does that make me?

“You’re still a sissy, Les.”

“I kinda thought so. But I think I’m too old for it to matter.”

Master volumes are for sissies.

Of course, all my amps have master volumes. But I don’t use them much, so what does that make me?

“You’re still a sissy, Les.”

“I kinda thought so. But I think I’m too old for it to matter.”

Dude, the whole sissy thing is my deal. I’m not mad or anything but, I kinda have that locked down.

Something with a level control in the effects loop is what you what you want. I use the level controls on a Boss LS2 that’s in my loop, but there are many other options.
My Ernie Ball MVP in the loop did the trick

Hey Dirty Boogie, thanks for the info. The VP in the loop works perfect. Now I need to figure out how to get that hiss/static lower on this MT-15.

My uncle's name was Leslie. For some reason, we called him uncle Joe.

I can’t blame him for preferring Joe to Leslie.

Unfortunately, in deciding on a name, my mother ignored the considerable body of evidence that we lived in Detroit, and gave me a name more fitting for someone who lived in London before 1900.

“No doubt this association of your name with the Victorian Era has something to do with the fact that you thought the accordion was an acceptable instrument to learn as a child.”

“I’m sure you’re right, Dr. Freud.”

“Interesting. Tell me about your mother.”

Back