PRS Earns 2017 Platinum Award from Safety Council

Congrats to everyone there! Well done!

Shawn can correct me on this, but I believe the last accident at the factory was late Oct. 2015, when they let me slip into the vault and get on a tour.

Awesome stuff. Congrats to the PRS family on making safety a priority and being recognized for that effort and success.

"The award was delivered by council members Alvin "Lefty" Jones, Tim "Niney" McCulloch, and Frank "One Eye" Burroughs..."

Would that be the "Django Reinhardt memorial hand safety prize"?

All kidding aside, having worked most of my career with large scale factory automation, this is a big deal and definitely something to be proud of.

Safety first. Always want employees to go home in the same condition that they arrived!

PRS works very hard to provide a safe work environment for employees. The Chesapeake Region Safety Council recognizes these efforts and has selected PRS for the 2017 Platinum in the General Industry Award for Health and Safety.

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php...receives_platinum_award_for_health_and_safety
This is so cool to realize such a great achievement and after too many years away from PRS.....I'm happy and proud to be back playing these wonderful works of art again!

Awesome! I worked in a machine shop for a few years owned by “old school” management. Aluminum dust on everything, no guarding on lathes, rancid coolant in our mills etc. All they cared about was production. I’m glad PRS cares about the employees, and makes the effort to protect them. Great company from top to bottom.

Thanks guys. Our safety team consists of members of management and production employees from every department. They work very hard to keep everyone safe at work.

The only real danger in working (or even just visiting) the PRS factory is coming down with a severe and unrelenting case of GAS.

I've had terminal GAS since the first time I stepped foot in the place!

Kidding aside...congrats to the whole team Shawn. The first step to creating an outstanding product is caring about your employees.

Congratulations. As someone who spends a high proportion of their working life managing H&S in the workplace, I know just how much work must have gone into gaining this level of recognition.

Amongst other more obvious benefits a safe workplace contributes to higher employee retention and a good reputation.

Back