PRS 6 Pivot screws Help needed

Zakkx92

Hi all, I recently got my first PRS. It's a PRS ce24 born 2002. It's a great guitar! Love it. Unfortunately the guy had 5 springs on it, so the trem was pretty much locked. I noticed setting it up the other day that all the pivot screws were not the same height and the guitar was not floating off the body 1/16th of an inch. I watched the PRS set up video that is on youtube today and got it pretty close but wanted to post a picture and see if you guys think it's lined up correctly. The strings are off and i took the saddles off to clean the guitar. So before putting all that back on I want to make sure the pivot post are all good before using the tremolo.

Sorry but it's pretty much impossible to tell with a photo, given there's a small amount of curve on a camera lens, it's always going to throw the eye somewhat.

I haven't watched the setup vids but I get the "outside heights" correct first, by using a feeler gauge (in my case a 1.6mm thick piece of aluminium) under the bridge on both sides, then adjust the 4 "middle" screws by putting a straight edge along the tops of the screws.

Another method would be to screw the trem down flat, and then back all the screws off by the same amount of turns until they're the right height.

Hope this helps!

They look good to me.

Just sight across the top of them carefully and you will be able to see if they are inline. Photo looks pretty spot on to me though.

Fraser

I will combine the two posts above and say, yeah, it's tough to tell with a photo but it looks pretty good to me. :)

Try and line up a straight edge with the bottom of the bridge in that photo, you can see it's not a straight line which makes it impossible to judge the heights of the screws properly.

Try the same with any same point on the screws aswell, the angle of the photo makes this impossible too.

Then again I'm probably a bit anal from working in industry where anything fabricated with >0.1% tolerance was a non-conformance, and either scrapped or re-worked.

As you have the tremoloplate in the picture without springs in the back,press it down flat to the body and look from the side(bass to treble).To me thats the best way to see if the notches line up.As Justmund said start with the outer screws to set height and adjust the other 4 to that.

Thank you all for all the replies. I ended up screwing them all the way down and getting the outside screws perfect then perfectly getting the rest of them all lined up. She plays great and stays in tune nicely.

LOVE PRS guitars!

Back