Private Stock Questions

That's what I did. Wood choice and piezo tone was from one guitar. Finish and neck carve was another. Roland installed on another.

DGT neck carve or whatever you consider to be your most comfortable carve.
Satin nitro finish on the flamed maple neck gives the neck a smooth feel. Shawn Nuthall really liked that one.
Graphtech Ghost Piezo and MIDI System
Generation III Trem with locking saddles. That made a difference in the amount of presence the guitar had. PITA to change strings though.
Kingwood fretboard

Did you find the locking saddles had a lot less presence? I switched mine out for MannMade saddles and felt I got a lot more presence back. Was wondering if it was just my ears hearing this.

Did you find the locking saddles had a lot less presence? I switched mine out for MannMade saddles and felt I got a lot more presence back. Was wondering if it was just my ears hearing this.
I don't use my ears alone for those kind of measurements, I use the tone match block on the Axe FX II to calculate the difference in EQ. While this isn't quite apples to apples, I do see that the tone match function has to install a pretty deep notch in the presence frequencies of the production 509 which has the Gen III trem with no locking saddles to sound like GOTM version which has a Gen III with locking saddles, so I don't think your ears are wrong. The next time I change my strings on the GOTM I'll give it a check, but I am not going to do it now. Removing the locks has broken strings every time.

Back