Plz Show Us Your Photo Editing Ability

Here's the last of my black background/shadow illustrations. Steadier hand this time led to only minor brush/highlighter touch-up near the upper bout horn.

tulVj5s.jpg

I like to dabble with deliberately low effort and dumb work. Here's something from awhile back while throwing Mark Agnesi under the bus for the playing authentic fail.

65508301_10218920577028356_537544075109203968_n.jpg

66284107_10218980149557632_5266604029248536576_n.jpg

I like to dabble with deliberately low effort and dumb work. Here's something from awhile back while throwing Mark Agnesi under the bus for the playing authentic fail.

65508301_10218920577028356_537544075109203968_n.jpg

66284107_10218980149557632_5266604029248536576_n.jpg

That's utterly horrid, and deserved to be. Well done!

Well, I've got a lot of photos of naked chicks with PRS guitars.
Professional models, professionally photographed, and then the photos professionally edited using Photoshop, as is customary in the glamor photography industry (which I have retired from).
Too bad I can't show you any of the photos in this forum.
Sucks to be you. hahaha

Now that's cool! The water reflection is something I could never accomplish with Pixelmator. That's just awesome work, M-E...:)
Thanks CP. I had no clue how to do this, so it was a buzz to succeed. Just plodding through the options gave me enough ideas. Took a while though. Phew!

Thanks CP. I had no clue how to do this, so it was a buzz to succeed. Just plodding through the options gave me enough ideas. Took a while though. Phew!

I kind of felt the same way discovering how to use the paint tool and select a black background, then discover the shadow tool, which provides the backlit look. All this without any additional medication, thanks...I guess creativity has its usefulness, especially when your meds kick in...;)

I would like to know if you are using Lightroom for this! When it comes to editing, there is not a perfect formula. Everyone is going to tell you what they are using and they you are going to have a large set of options to choose from. I have recently tried a background remover online because I couldn't do that in Photoshop and I must admit that it was way better than PS. After all, different kind of programs are getting made and it's important to constantly look for anything that's new. This is the only way of progressing!

Last edited:
I would like to know if you are using Lightroom for this!

Hi, welcome,

I've personally not tried Lightroom myself, though like others, I've read several reviews. For my needs, Pixelmator Pro has enough options to edit and create images that I'd really not considered anything else. PhotoShop was just too much of an investment with a silly difficult learning curve.

If you're a camera buff, most any quality photo editing suite will be enough. Unless you're a pro photographer, I'd simply not bother investing in editing software unless your expertise involves a steady hand that can trace outlines, and can slowly use a selection tool (left-clicking the mouse) as your trace your outline.

Pixelmator uses a polygonal selection tool that incrementally traces connective positions around the outline of the image you wish to place a background. It takes time and a steady hand, otherwise, the selection tool sometimes completes the selection before you'd like, with a direct line not outlining the desired image.

Any "rough edges" that you can observe in my images are the result of the incremental connections not being smooth enough. With time and practice, however, one gets better at the job because they gradually recognize the need to work slow but sure. Otherwise, you'd end up with images looking like a cigar-box or BC Rich Warlock guitar, not the desired result.

Back