Piezo free hollowbody ii

I have one.
CK_013RedHollowBody.JPG

Maybe a good question would be who likes having both pickups as an option? I’ve heard mixed reviews.
That is an interesting question. I have a 2012 P22 (P for piezo). I bought it so that in my band I could switch pups between piezo and mag pups in order to cover more songs without switching guitars.
It did its job, but I found myself futzing with two cables, or two wireless bugs, more batteries, an additional DI box etc.
A piezo is worthwhile in a live setting methinks, but it will never replace a well mic'd acoustic in recording.
So yes, it's versatile but your needs and desires are what's important.
What is your use case?

I'm in the camp of non-piezo. Never had much use for it, doesn't sound like an acoustic to me, and have no need for a thinner tone. So much that I just yanked the dead weight out of the body & wiring of my SCHB rebuild.

I even have a theory that the extra wiring takes away from the mag PUs tone & signal, but that may be tinfoil hat thinking on my part.

Maybe a good question would be who likes having both pickups as an option? I’ve heard mixed reviews.
It's a different sauce than the usual. I used to own an SE HBII Piezo, but couldn't quite get used to 2 cables (even though they now make combined dual instrument cables for these instruments). The Piezo had an entirely unique voice. Here's a really good example of it in use:

That is an interesting question. I have a 2012 P22 (P for piezo). I bought it so that in my band I could switch pups between piezo and mag pups in order to cover more songs without switching guitars.
It did its job, but I found myself futzing with two cables, or two wireless bugs, more batteries, an additional DI box etc.
A piezo is worthwhile in a live setting methinks, but it will never replace a well mic'd acoustic in recording.
So yes, it's versatile but your needs and desires are what's important.
What is your use case?
I made a "double cable", zip tied together, come in from the guitar to an amp switch box. It was an easy fix.

As to your 2nd point... Agreed. A well mic'ed acoustic is preferable for recording...

Bit of an out of the box, but kinda “in the box” question.

Is the top/back resonant enough that you could mount an LR Baggs microphone near the bridge and use it to take an acoustic tone from an HB?

Would it even be logistically possible?
IMHO, no... THe top doesn't move THAT much...

It's not an acoustic guitar...

Back