Pedalboard Suggestions?

You're a brave man, Vaughn! I would only put empty cases in the trailer. The PA rack alone would crush just about anything.
Nah, this case is the real deal. http://www.music123.com/amplifiers-...pro-pedal-board-with-hardshell-ata-flightcase
How big is your PA rack?!? I know power amp racks get heavy, but packing smart with quality cases isn't an issue. Most anything that gets put on top of my pedal board is lighter weight stuff like merch bins. We don't travel with PA. My shock rack is 16 space, 1/2" ply and weighs a good amount. I hate it actually & wanna downsize to a 12 space. The 8x10 is 165#. Honestly, I think the pedaltrain ata could fly out of our trailer at 70 mph and still keep my board safe(not that I'm gonna test that theory). :D

I want the hard case for the same reason you got yours, Vaughn. Plus, I'll be shipping it back over the Atlantic sooner or later.
I'd feel confident shipping mine overseas. They're not light by any means. Like I said, the wheels make for easy transport.

12792162_10153901981297412_1936501542311161324_o.jpg

go to Ikea and buy a shelf!

They're G&H plugs. I ordered the cables pre-assembled with them from Lava Cable. You can get them in a variety of colors from Lava or direct from Abbatron, and with 4 different sized exit holes for the cables, so they fit any cable.

They're very high quality plugs; I was going to order my cables with Neutrik, but Lava told me that they'd switched to G&H because the failure rate was zero, and they'd had some issues with the Neutriks failing for customers. They felt any failures were unacceptable. I agree.

1436541214_143654_RF2PBGG%20071015.jpg
Yeah these are great. I bought a bunch for my rig, the straight ones. I'm pretty sure that Mogami uses these same ones for their cabels. The best, something to do with less oxygen in the copper tips.

Yeah these are great. I bought a bunch for my rig, the straight ones. I'm pretty sure that Mogami uses these same ones for their cabels. The best, something to do with less oxygen in the copper tips.

They use G&H for their Platinum pre-made instrument cables, but also Amphenol 90 degree plugs and Neutrik for Gold and some of their other cables.

In 25 years of studio stuff, I have yet to have a failure with any of these soldered plug brands (including Switchcraft plugs). But I did experience failures with some of the GeorgeL's type plugs. I have lots of cables with soldered plugs that are over 20 years old that still work fine.

That's why I went with the soldered plugs on my pedalboard...but they do take up more space.

I just ordered a Feather Board kit from Blackbird. I've acquired enough mini pedals that I can cover my essentials on the 18 x 7 footprint. Going to have my eight-year-old daughter help me decorate and finish it. Should be fun and help her connect to why I run off at night.

They use G&H for their Platinum pre-made instrument cables, but also Amphenol 90 degree plugs and Neutrik for Gold and some of their other cables.

In 25 years of studio stuff, I have yet to have a failure with any of these soldered plug brands (including Switchcraft plugs). But I did experience failures with some of the GeorgeL's type plugs. I have lots of cables with soldered plugs that are over 20 years old that still work fine.

That's why I went with the soldered plugs on my pedalboard...but they do take up more space.
Yeah I've had a few problems with the GeorgeL's, if you don't solder it, you don't really know. But that's why I like the GL's and the fast and easy alternative, you just have to check them once in a wile :confused:

I'm not really a pedals guy, but were I to go down that avenue of spending even more money I'd consider the Holeyboard.

Looks nice and light, and IMHO zipties >> velcro.

Thanks, it takes abuse well. Also I can kneel on the top it when opening the butterfly latches and it doesn't feel like it's going to cave in. I weigh 250 lbs, just to be specific as to how much it can hold. :oops:

Last edited:
Back