Paul's pickup adaptors

splgeo

Just an idea that's been floating around in my head and wounder if it could be done.
Getting adaptorsrs made up to fit the two narrow 408's used in Paul's guitar into regular humbucking pickup space and using a volume and tone tap for the splitting. just an idea for maybe future upgrades to a guitar. Just wondering what are the opinions out there.

The narrow 408 is as well as being a fair bit narrower, is also "longer" than a standard humbucker by about 5mm (see pic):

10396564443_9cb6ca10e8_b.jpg

A bespoke pickup ring is possible, but I dare say it would have to be CNC machined from say wood for it to look nice. Not sure if the PTC would do this (the only way to buy 408s is to have them installed by the PTC).

Not trying to burst your bubble but your best bet is to talk to the PTC directly with your ideas and see what they say :)

ok i just kinda of had the idea floating around and was seeing what forum members and possibly ptc guys on the board would think. i personally would think if it could be done and sold as a kit for the diy guy like me and others out there, what it would be a cool upgrade.

I agree that it would be super sweet, unfortunately I think PRS has some good reasons for not selling the NF's and 408's aftermarket. I'm sure more than a few pickup makers would like to get their hands on them and copy the designs. I sure would love to be able to get an SE and throw some in though!

Back