Paul's Dirty 100 photo session, plus need a bit of help...

Ape Factory

I purchased this guitar about a month ago used and it's being played daily. Just really love this thing and can't put it down! And I have a quite good DGT that it's up against. It took me a bit longer than I had planned to make a few cosmetic changes but she's now complete and I had a very brief opportunity to get her into the photo studio for a few shots yesterday. Feel like it's only fair to post them everywhere, LOL.

***In the help department, if anyone knows who the original owner might be, I'm trying to track down the hang tag and any other paperwork that might have come with the guitar. The owner traded this guitar in at a Guitar Center in Michigan but the guitar was originally bought in Canada from a PRS dealer there, The Guitar Shop. I know this because the warranty card was filled out with the info. I contacted the owner of the shop and he doesn't remember but if he finds anything, or comes in contact with the owner, he'll let me know. Don't really have my hopes up. The original owner is apparently, according to the GC guy, a collector and has a rather large assortment of high end PRS.

Anyway, he traded it in without the case or the hang tag. I don't know if there's an official COA for these guitars or not. Maybe another owner can chime in. It'd be nice to have that stuff. Definitely not crucial.***

-Swapped the gold-covered 59/09's for nickel-covered 59/09's with gold pole pieces.
-Rosewood pickup rings and back cover, matched to the headstock veneer.
-Amber speed knobs instead of the PRS knobs. Don't like their shade or the black accents. Picky, I know.

I found about 10 minutes to get it in the studio yesterday over lunch and actually ended up missing part of a meeting (doh!). I may revisit the studio with her in the future. Actually a tough guitar to photograph and I had to take out a ton of red post-production. Enjoy!

PD100Studio10_zps1162955a.jpg

PD100Studio09_zps267486ce.jpg

PD100Studio17_zpsfe503cd2.jpg

PD100Studio18_zpsf8e7586b.jpg

PD100Studio11_zps8dc9f84b.jpg

PD100Studio07_zps978bd869.jpg

PD100Studio04_zps52b5f8b1.jpg

PD100Studio05_zpsd6af1625.jpg

PD100Studio02_zpsab00aaf7.jpg

PD100Studio19_zps655a81c2.jpg

Sweet guitar! Great shots! Congrats :congrats:

You may want to contact Mr. Brent Moss at The Guitar Shop regarding more info. He may have additional details. Not only is he a great guy, he's also a member here on the forum! TGSCAN is his handle.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Very nice!

What does "dirty" means in this case??? I mean, my paul's Guitar also has "dirty quilt maple top" but how come the top of that beauty is called "dirty"???

Great guitar and pics! Good luck on finding the candy for it. Odd that anyone would keep all that stuff.

Yeah I thought it was rather strange too. I can't put it past GC accidentally selling the case with another guitar and the case candy along with it.

I did actually. I sent him an email but he doesn't remember the guitar or the buyer. But he also most likely, keeps that stuff very confidential. I'm hoping he remembers and contacts the original buyer.

Back