Opinions: Orange With Green?

Carbohydrates

I found a guy who makes anodized aluminum parts in various colors and decided to try some out. Here are Guique aluminum pickup rings, knobs, and strap lock buttons in "soft lime." It had cream rings, amber knobs, and gold buttons before. What do you think? Be completely honest, please! My wife already told me she hates it, so I can take the abuse.

68JNzSyh.jpg

eR05JU7h.jpg

cDBTQQ0h.jpg

Also, not really related, but check this pic out - you can see how much the nitro is sinking into the wood finish. It feels amazing.

CdX02iFh.jpg

I like the pickup rings and the switch tip but not the volume and tone pots
keeping the amber ones will be nicer IMHO

I like the pickup rings and the switch tip but not the volume and tone pots
keeping the amber ones will be nicer IMHO

I agree. Nothing wrong with the pots, but it's a little too much combined with the rings.
One of my pet peeves with PRS are the cheapo pickup rings.
Love the colour ... very tasty.

I think it looks pretty cool. Be careful with the rings, they are much harder than the finish and may dig in.
Oh yeah, huh? Maybe best not chance it, then. I was on the fence cosmetically and this is a compelling point.

Thanks much for the honest feedback! The comments about the hard metal rings against the soft nitro (and this is a very soft nitro) made me switch it back for now, though. Gotta find somewhere else to use these green parts now because they look amazing.

I found a guy who makes anodized aluminum parts in various colors and decided to try some out. Here are Guique aluminum pickup rings, knobs, and strap lock buttons in "soft lime." It had cream rings, amber knobs, and gold buttons before. What do you think? Be completely honest, please! My wife already told me she hates it, so I can take the abuse.

68JNzSyh.jpg

eR05JU7h.jpg

cDBTQQ0h.jpg
Green on Orange.... it's not ready.

I think its interesting with the top
BUT
The pickup covers need to change IMHO

No no no no NO!

The GC 46 is one of my favorite PRS ever. I never got the chance to buy one, as money was tighter back when they were available. It's one of the rare GC special runs that got everything right.... and then you killed it.

Sorry...but it went from elegant to silly.

No no no no NO!

The GC 46 is one of my favorite PRS ever. I never got the chance to buy one, as money was tighter back when they were available. It's one of the rare GC special runs that got everything right.... and then you killed it.

Sorry...but it went from elegant to silly.
I switched it back already. I appreciate your blunt frankness, but I feel like "and then you killed it" may have been slight hyperbole!

Perhaps this will make you feel better!

I switched it back already. I appreciate your blunt frankness, but I feel like "and then you killed it" may have been slight hyperbole!

Perhaps this will make you feel better!

Oh..it does make me feel better :) Such a pretty guitar. Don't mess it up again!

Back