Opinion on PRS SE Standard 24

I played one at a local guitar shop, and I was very impressed. It really did play like butter! I found it to be quite resonant while unplugged, as well. To be honest, I think that the SE Standard guitars are a wonderful buy. If one had to purchase only one electric in their lifetime, and had a budget of less than $700 (new,) then the SE Standard 24 might be that guitar.

I couldn’t agree more. If I was a teenager and my first guitar was an SE Std, I would be very happy.

Of course you wouldn’t have compared it to anything, so you’d just think that all guitars in that price range were like this!

Mine gets a lot of play time, because it’s such a great wee guitar!

I have a SE24 standard in the blue. Its the best playing guitar Ive owned. I also have a Strat, and a SE245 custom. The se24 is fairly light, has great balance, and plays amazing. I have it paired with a Boss Katana and its way more rig than I am player :)
The new standards are made in Indonesia, my 245 is made in Korea and fit and finish seem the same. If someone is giving away a trampas green pauls guitar i would happily add that to the collection.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think about what a great value the SE standards are. The pickup options give you incredible versatility. You can approximate most solid body tones with it (Les Paul'ish or Strat/Tele'ish.) Pair that with one of those Fender Mustang LT amps or a Boss Katana, and yeah... you'd be set for bedroom wanking for life!

Back