Only took three years…

WA Paul

All dogs go to heaven
Took forever to get to this point, about 3 years since I last had a usable guitar room! Two homes in a row with massive unexpected repairs. I know how to pick ‘em!

Sold three guitars to help with these expenses then I recently swapped my Kemper toaster, BAM 200 power amp and unpowered Kemper kabinet for this setup:

B425-E438-F425-47-B7-921-E-C55-DCA50431-D.jpg

Kemper Stage, two powered kabinets, my trusty H9 and ME wah/volume pedal. My playing may be awful, but stereo sounds gorgeous! Cleans with ambient effects are lovely and the new Kemper double tracker effect is tremendous for rock riffage :)

Back to scheduling a few more house repairs…

Took forever to get to this point, about 3 years since I last had a usable guitar room! Two homes in a row with massive unexpected repairs. I know how to pick ‘em!

Sold three guitars to help with these expenses then I recently swapped my Kemper toaster, BAM 200 power amp and unpowered Kemper kabinet for this setup:

B425-E438-F425-47-B7-921-E-C55-DCA50431-D.jpg

Kemper Stage, two powered kabinets, my trusty H9 and ME wah/volume pedal. My playing may be awful, but stereo sounds gorgeous! Cleans with ambient effects are lovely and the new Kemper double tracker effect is tremendous for rock riffage :)

Back to scheduling a few more house repairs…

Very cool! How do you like those powered kabinets?

Very cool! How do you like those powered kabinets?

Oh hell yeah! That’s a whole bag of bodacious right there!

I’m stupid interested in those powered Kabs. How do you like them vs FRFR?
I LOVE the powered Kabinets. Last missing ingredient for tonal awesomeness for me, YMMV :)

I tried the following first:
JBL studio monitors
Headrush FRFR 108
Line6 Powercab

All were ok, but I never could get them dialed in. I have to play at a low SPL level due to my chronic migraine/ vertigo illness. Perhaps they work better at higher SPL levels.

Then I tried the first (unpowered) Kabinet with the BAM 200 power amp, MUCH better, but the BAM isn’t quite flat. Then a year later powered Kabinet came out so I bought one for stereo (after I swapped the toaster for the Stage). Couldn’t quite get the first one with BAM to match. So, sold the unpowered Kab and BAM for a second powered one which arrived today :)

Interesting I'm pretty impressed with the FRFR 108.
I LOVE the powered Kabinets. Last missing ingredient for tonal awesomeness for me, YMMV :)

I tried the following first:
JBL studio monitors
Headrush FRFR 108
Line6 Powercab

All were ok, but I never could get them dialed in. I have to play at a low SPL level due to my chronic migraine/ vertigo illness. Perhaps they work better at higher SPL levels.

Then I tried the first (unpowered) Kabinet with the BAM 200 power amp, MUCH better, but the BAM isn’t quite flat. Then a year later powered Kabinet came out so I bought one for stereo (after I swapped the toaster for the Stage). Couldn’t quite get the first one with BAM to match. So, sold the unpowered Kab and BAM for a second powered one which arrived today :)

Thanks! Appreciatethe feedback. I'm new to the whole kemper thing. Currently I'm using a frfr108. It sounds pretty darn good and I'm not unhappy but the Kab has been calling me to check out.

Awesome! Sucks about all of the repairs, and the health issues.

Totally agree with your take on the Powered Kabinet. I went Stage, when they came out, after selling my toaster several years ago. I was using it with a QSC-CP8, which was fine. When the Powered Kab was released I decided to go that route. Very happy with the results. Noticeably different than the CP8

Nice playroom. That is quite a tangle of cords, but as long as signals route properly, it's all good. As long as you don't get your feet tangled up in them ;)

Sorry I missed this thread Paul!
That is a fantastic rig.
I've been fiddling about with stereo, and it is glorious indeed. Don't think it's going to fit into my 2 guitar band though, sadly.
Doesn't matter, I can go mono or stereo at the drop of a hat.
Love it! Enjoy mate!

Nice setup. Next I’d invest in a nice guitar stand. :D
The thought did occur to me after the picture :D

Ideally I’d hang the guitars on the wall again, but still working through some HVAC/climate issues.

Back