Online Vendors selling new SEs without the Gig Bag...what gives ?

DogPhishHead

I been looking for my first PRS SE and I've notice several reverb and ebay auctions for new SE models that don't include the gig bag, just the guitar/box. I'm thinking these were surplus guitars that may have NOT gone through the PRS Maryland inspection/setup process ? They seem priced a good 25 to 30% lower than the MAP pricing on new SEs.

Anyone have a clue ?

I been looking for my first PRS SE and I've notice several reverb and ebay auctions for new SE models that don't include the gig bag, just the guitar/box. I'm thinking these were surplus guitars that may have NOT gone through the PRS Maryland inspection/setup process ? They seem priced a good 25 to 30% lower than the MAP pricing on new SEs.

Anyone have a clue ?

Have you contacted them and verified that they do not come with the bag? Places will have blow out clearances from time to time. It's possible that they are just not listing the bag. As far as I know guitar center was the only one that was buying them for a while without the bags though I could be wrong.

Have you contacted them and verified that they do not come with the bag? Places will have blow out clearances from time to time. It's possible that they are just not listing the bag. As far as I know guitar center was the only one that was buying them for a while without the bags though I could be wrong.

I contacted one and they verified as the auction noted...no bag. Pictures show the guitar, wrapping plastic, foam on pickup toggle - no bag. When I see a new Tremonti SE Custom for $500, I wonder.

I am not seeing any of those ads being posted by anything that could be construed as an actual dealer. One ripped off the description from sweetwater(the last line says to pick one up from sweetwater today! lol). Another directs you to the GC site for specs. Here is my guess... They look to be legit. I am betting they were bought on clearance from GC and they are attempting to flip them for a profit. Both of my SE's were bought new from GC for considerably less than they are selling them for because they were 2-3 model years old.

Any way you squash it you are technically buying it used(no warranty) if they are not a dealer.

Makes for a nice deal on a guitar, you can usually snag an SE bag on the bay for 40 bucks or so. But it is frustrating...

Back