What happened to the PRS gig bag?

kukumba

I went looking to get a nice PRS gig bag from the online shop and noticed it's gone. What's up with that? I hope it's just that they are switching to a better made one. I need one of these.

I have three PRS gig bags. Bought them all at the same time, around 2000 or so. I know they have changed suppliers more than once, but these were produced after the first leather gig bags. I think they were described as cordoba. Anyway, they work great and wear well. I've had no problems with any of the three and have been using them for well over ten years. Not that I am a touring musician or anything, but they do get used. All of my hard cases are in boxes in the attic. I just keep the three gig bags in the closet in my office/music room.

Years ago, I visited the factory during the second unofficial PRS forum event there. Paul was carrying one of the gig bags like I now own. He used it to carry his Dragon I (that he later passed through a huge crowd of guys)... that was it for me. If it was good enough for the man himself's Dragon, they were good enough for me!

I like the red ones. they are a quality item. I have had the bag for about a year now and have just found the hanging hook in the back of the neck pocket. I thought it was just an extra piece of protection but no. Its another pocket

Speaking of great bags, I bought the PRS Accessory Bag sometime in the 90s, I've used it a ton, and it still looks and works like it's brand new, inside and out.

I use that thing every day for cables, extra pedals, extra tubes, you-name-it. It is a terrific piece of gear.

So if the gig bags are nearly as good, wow.

I realize that Cordura nylon wears well, after all, they use it on luggage, but this bag is stitched together for heavy duty use. Even the zippers don't break.

Les - is that the red one that is briefcase style?

I have a bag I got at the first or second Experience that just won't die. I'll shoot a pic when I get home...

Speaking of great bags, I bought the PRS Accessory Bag sometime in the 90s, I've used it a ton, and it still looks and works like it's brand new, inside and out.

I use that thing every day for cables, extra pedals, extra tubes, you-name-it. It is a terrific piece of gear.

So if the gig bags are nearly as good, wow.

I realize that Cordura nylon wears well, after all, they use it on luggage, but this bag is stitched together for heavy duty use. Even the zippers don't break.

+1 Bought the accessory bag the same time I bought the gig bags. Still carrying all of them. Just bought the newest backpack too.

I really like the S2 bag as well.

PRS_Gig_Bag_zps4e2d95ad.jpg

+1 Bought the accessory bag the same time I bought the gig bags. Still carrying all of them. Just bought the newest backpack too.

+2 The accessory bags are tough SOB's. I've also had mine since '98 and would recommend them 100%. :top:

Back