Odd looking 25th ann custom 24 question

nflea7

Hi new to the forum, not new to PRS I've been in the market for a cu24 25th and I just came across one but it has me stumped. The specs seem correct, 25th headstock 5 way, birds are accurate, what has me stumped is the top is a grayish with maybe a little green and the back is royal blue. The top could almost be faded. Does anyone know if they made a 25th in faded grey? Did they make one that the back would be blue but the top grey?? I'd think its an employee guitar with 2 different colors, I'd also say its faded real bad like in a store window for 3 years in the direct sun, but I just don't know

Thats what I was thinking but on something as new as a 25th ann? Sorry no pics of my own, saw it at a store on line, called the clerk and he couldn't tell me much besides the back is royal blue, its a USA 25th and the top looks grey green.
ScreenShot2014-02-04at100209PM_zps5fda399a.png

That faded on a 2010 for 2k? That's an expensive fade. Its painful BC that's around the price I'm looking to pick up a 25th for but I was hoping it was a special run or something not one that sat in the sun. Thanks for the extra eyes on this.

i actually really like how that looks. But if you're going for a 'flashy' guitar, I suppose that's not it.

That'd be an awesome guitar to turn into a relic. the relic (vintage) look has really grown on me in the past few years. There needs to be more PRS relics IMO, and faded ones are perfect for that.

What does the hang tag say it's color is? I know the dealer near me loves to grab the "sprayers choice" guitars when they pop into channel. I'm pretty sure they actually say sprayers choice on the hang tag though. My understanding is that term is used when the finish folks try out new colors/combinations and such.

That faded on a 2010 for 2k? That's an expensive fade. Its painful BC that's around the price I'm looking to pick up a 25th for but I was hoping it was a special run or something not one that sat in the sun. Thanks for the extra eyes on this.

There are guys on here that would pay extra for a faded finish like that.

Finish aside - what does it sound like? - surely that should be part of the equation....

I saw the guitar online and called the store. I can't go and directly play it I'd have to order it on faith that it sounded great which I'd be more likely to do if it wasn't sun faded. I highly doubt its an employee spray choice, and more likely what Jmintzer suggested, the guitar was originally all royal blue and the top is badly faded. I'd jump all over a modern eagle faded at this price. I have a nasty habit of owing a guitar for 6 months then GAS for something else. Unfortunately at this point in my life I can't afford to own more than one 2k + guitar

Back