Now I've heard everything...

jfine

San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio
Yesterday I was driving down the road listening to the blues channel on my satellite radio, when they played a live version of Buddy Guy's "Mary Had A Little Lamb". Good version--but afterwards the DJ said, "That was Buddy Guy doing his version of the Stevie Ray Vaughan classic, "Mary Had A Little Lamb"! "WHAT??" I said. Buddy Guy recorded that tune in, what, the '60's? Long before SRV did it, anyway. And this was a DJ on a nationally-broadcast blues radio show...
And now, here's Frank Sinatra's rendition of the Elvis Presley classic, "My Way"...
And Buck Owens' version of the Beatles' classic, "Act Naturally"...
How about Robert Johnson's version of the Rolling Stones' "Love In Vain"...

Last edited:
DJ's and sports announcers have a lot of airtime to fill. It doesn't really matter what they say, as long as they're speaking. LOL

funny...I heard one just Saturday say "...and now some Journey..." and then played a Rush tune. Kinda irked me for some reason....

TV sports announcers carry on like they're on radio: like I need a play by play of what I'm SEEING?

Whatever they're paid, disc-jockeys can be very annoying. I have heard some good ones, but they're few and far between.
I kinda like my TV feed, where they just play the music and you can look at the screen I you want to know what/who the track is from.

Back