Not exactly NGD and a question (or several)

I will admit that I really disliked the rotary. I bought my first Ce22 after hearing all the talk about dragon 1s and how great they are. It was picked up pretty cheap so I didn't mind tossing the rotary if needed. After having it and the in between sounds I grew to accept it.

I'm still in favor of the 5 way blade but I don't mind the rotary.

Yes, I have my 88 CE wired as original. You need to have the original switch. Here are the details: part number - ALCO MTG 226PA switch

Here is a diagram of the switch that shows how it connects them in series.
DPDT_switches_zps8a0d7d2e.jpg

There's a schematic floating around here somewhere.

Ok, so I may be missing something here. I just picked up two of those switches to convert my CEs (a 1991 black 24 fret and a 1994 sunburst 22 fret), and I am confused at how to wire this. I am looking to have Neck, Bridge, and position 4 (one click from bridge on rotary). Help?

For the record, I am keeping my core custom 24s (1994 orange, 1995 green, and 2006 matteo blue) stock rotary. :)

That one won't give you the split we are talking about. It's a unique switch pattern for the on/on/on setting in the diagram. I'll look around for a diagram or I'll take a photo of my lousy soldering job.

That does the outside coils, which is next click over from bridge on the rotary. You can swap a couple wires to make it inside coils, which is next one over from neck pickup on the rotary. I don't remember which wires to swap, but may have it written down somewhere.

I received all the electrical parts this week but unfortunately, it's going to be a while before I have time to solder it all together since we also got a new (apparently nocturnal) family puppy.

My Suhr arrived today as well and I have to say that it's an outstanding guitar. The fretwork is amazing! But...as far as feel and tone it doesn't hold a candle to the PRS. I was hoping I wouldn't have to fiddle with my amp much to make the Suhr sound great, but unfortunately plugging in with the settings I love on the Cu24 it just doesn't sound good.

Back