NGD

Funny, I noticed the small frets as soon as I looked at the pic, before reading any posts. How are they?

Congrats!!!

More detailed report to come later when I'm not phone-reliant, but, yep, it's the Silver Sky I swore I wasn't buying. Tungsten, as beerbatteredphish said. We had a blast playing this Saturday, and the more we played it, the more I felt myself falling. Even though I don't consider myself a Strat guy, it reminded me of everything I love about that sound. But in a more playable package.

ss.jpg

close.jpg

Congrats! And...you're welcome;)

Hard to add much to what beerbatteredphish said on the Official Silver Sky thread, but the guitar is everything it was cracked up to be. The pickups are really cool - very responsive, very flexible. The middle pickup was really solid. We played it through an MT15 - it was a great combination. I had it on the gain channel with the bridge pup wide open, and when I rolled it back to about 2, it had a nice crunch - not quite clean, but not really dirty.

The pickups are surprisingly quiet. I did hear a bit of noise on the gain channel, but when I played a 594 through the amp later, it really wasn't much different. I noticed it maybe a bit more at home w/o the store noise to hide it.

The smaller frets were something I didn't really notice. If I did, I adjusted really quickly. To my surprise, I didn't really notice the radius, either. And we tried like crazy to make it fret out - no luck. I was getting step and a half bends in the store, almost two full steps at home, and it just rang like a bell.

The closest thing I have to a negative is the decked trem. My preference is to have a floating trem, so the decked throws me a bit (I have an EVH that's setup for dive only, and I have the same issues there). I may change that at some point, but for now, I want to leave it as is.

I think some folks are going to be very pleased when these land.

Cool! Congrats Alantig! Didn't even a see that one coming dude! Enjoy my friend!

It’s beautiful, Alan! Has to be so cool to have a great sounding Strat with PRS playability!

Honestly, I’m kinda jealous!

God I love that Tungsten finish...congrats!

Back