NGD(u)

Slo-mo

used to be faster...
Finally got the black pickup rings in, so now can introduce my new-to-me Custom 24 Piezo that arrived last Monday:

rKdk4Em.jpeg

sPFyPpA.jpeg

OxR46Oo.jpeg

I'm a bit surprised I like the 85/15 pickups in it. Compared to the 85/15S that were in my SE CE 24 Satin, these sound completely different. I still need to adjust the Piezo output, the former owner must have lowered it. It mixes well when blended, but separate out to a Bose L1 tower you can tell it's a bit too low at max vol. The stock cream pickups rings just looked so wrong on this, I waited a week to post pics until I could swap to black. I also did a proper setup on it. The trem bridge was leaning a bit back due to having 9s and not adjusting the claw in back to compensate. So I replaced the strings when I swapped the rings and also set pickup and string height to factory specs to start. I may adjust the pickups a bit, but prefer starting from spec. Intonation was spot on, so nothing needing adjusting there. I don't have an under string radius gauge, so just used string height at 12th for each and it feels right.

It also has some swirls and pick scratches that I'll try to buff out a bit when my kit from Stewmac arrives. Other than that it's in great condition for a guitar the prior said was gig'd regularly.

Finally got the black pickup rings in, so now can introduce my new-to-me Custom 24 Piezo that arrived last Monday:

rKdk4Em.jpeg

sPFyPpA.jpeg

OxR46Oo.jpeg

I'm a bit surprised I like the 85/15 pickups in it. Compared to the 85/15S that were in my SE CE 24 Satin, these sound completely different. I still need to adjust the Piezo output, the former owner must have lowered it. It mixes well when blended, but separate out to a Bose L1 tower you can tell it's a bit too low at max vol. The stock cream pickups rings just looked so wrong on this, I waited a week to post pics until I could swap to black. I also did a proper setup on it. The trem bridge was leaning a bit back due to having 9s and not adjusting the claw in back to compensate. So I replaced the strings when I swapped the rings and also set pickup and string height to factory specs to start. I may adjust the pickups a bit, but prefer starting from spec. Intonation was spot on, so nothing needing adjusting there. I don't have an under string radius gauge, so just used string height at 12th for each and it feels right.

It also has some swirls and pick scratches that I'll try to buff out a bit when my kit from Stewmac arrives. Other than that it's in great condition for a guitar the prior said was gig'd regularly.
Nice.

So gorgeous! What Bose system are you using?
It's the L1 Compact system. I picked it up for rehearsing open mic nights at a place in NC when I was living there. Pandemic shut that place down, and I relocated. So now it sits in the corner and only gets used occasionally. I think with this guitar, I may pick up a Fishman Aura pedal and see what I can get through the Bose.

It's the L1 Compact system. I picked it up for rehearsing open mic nights at a place in NC when I was living there. Pandemic shut that place down, and I relocated. So now it sits in the corner and only gets used occasionally. I think with this guitar, I may pick up a Fishman Aura pedal and see what I can get through the Bose.
I ran my P22 piezo, vocals, and Kemper through a L1 M2 for a couple of years. Works a treat!

Beautiful & Congrats!!

Black pickup rings were the first mod I did do a PRS (S2 McCarty SC) and I agree that the Core and 'S' versions are different, in this case the Core 58/15's are significantly better than the 58/15 'S's.

Congrats! Beautiful and the black rings look great!

I'm with you on the 8515 vs 8515S, two very different pickups.

Back