NGD. SE Warning!!!!

lynnj163

Jeff Lynn
Well I walked into Guitar Center yesterday looking at possibly buying an acoustic and ended up walking out with this little fella. The tag had it listed as a regular SE Custom 24 but this is the first one I've seen like this so I'm not sure if it is a new model SE Custom 24 or what so if anyone knows anything about it I would be happy to hear. The guy at GC said he thought it might be a 30th Anniversary edition but from what I see those have different specs. I don't care either way, I bought it because it plays awesome and looks great not based on model but it would be nice to know. The main difference I see between my other SE Custom 24 and this one is REAL binding around the body, neck and headstock, Ebony Fretboard, flamed headstock, and no PRS logo on the truss rod cover. After the pictures, I changed the tuners to Grover Locking 406C's and put on a graphtec nut from a project SE I am working on, then set it up for 10's. Well without further ado, here is some pics....

Huh, never seen an SE Custom with neck binding.

Yeah, me neither. I thought it might be a new artist model when I saw it hanging, but I think if it was it would have someones name on the headstock.?.

Last edited:
Yeah, me neither. I thought it might be a new artist model when I saw it hanging, but I think if it was it would have someones name on the headstock.?.

Could be that, or a special edition... any clues on the back? What does the serial # start with? That would indicate the year. Also, is that an ebony board I see, or just really slick rosewood?

Beautiful axe btw!

Could be that, or a special edition... any clues on the back? What does the serial # start with? That would indicate the year. Also, is that an ebony board I see, or just really slick rosewood?

Beautiful axe btw!

I'm not sure I will take a look at the serial when I get back home. Its brand new and the salesman said they had recently gotten it in so I would assume it would be late 2014 to early 2015 timeframe. Also it is an Ebony fretboard, and thanks for the kind words!

Sweet. Must be another GC exclusive. There's a gold one and one with a Floyd on their site right now. Both with ebony boards.

It is a GC exclusive.
I saw one at GC a few weeks ago. It was a darker burst and had the best flame top I've ever seen on an SE. Very classy looking.

Happy NGD!!

That looks nice. Much nicer than a typical SE. Not that there's anything wrong with a typical SE. But the neck and headstock binding plus the pearl-looking bird inlays really set that thing apart.

I have your guitar's evil twin lol
prsse2_zpsour6hida.jpg

Any idea if the neck is maple or mahogany? If the latter, I would be really interested in one of those...
I honestly have no clue, I would assume it is maple like the stock SE's.

That looks nice. Much nicer than a typical SE. Not that there's anything wrong with a typical SE. But the neck and headstock binding plus the pearl-looking bird inlays really set that thing apart.
Thanks I agree 100%.

I have your guitar's evil twin lol
Sweet! I'm really liking the real binding on these guitar especially around the neck and headstock.

Back