NGD - SE SAS Charcoal - Can you find the MOD?

waswell

Purchased this one because of the 2 piece body and the beautiful wood grain. It's a bit on the heavy side but not a back breaker.

MOD was simple yet effective. Not sure why PRS didn't do this to begin with?

Enjoy the pics. posted thread #19

Last edited:
Looks like you changed the pickup mounting ring screws to black
This! Does it mean I look at too many guitars when I noticed it right away?

OP-Looks good. I've swapped to black on some and others I've swapped to silver. Then I have some the same as they came. Depends on the guitar. Both ways look good to me on different days.
Congrats

Toothace,

You are correct. Used Fender black pickguard screws. Had to drill the neck pickup ring holes a little deeper but other than that it was a straight swap.

Looks great! 100% better than the bolts (triple size screws to make sure those pickup rings don’t move lol) they use on all the SE’s. That’s also a sweet looking SAS as the variations are many. What’s the weight like?

Toothace,

You are correct. Used Fender black pickguard screws. Had to drill the neck pickup ring holes a little deeper but other than that it was a straight swap.
The have smaller ones that fit in the rings without mods. PRS uses these in some models. Some of the core rings come with them too.

Weight is 8.6 lbs.

Let me clarify ..... had to drill the body for the screw depth not the pickup rings.

Nice, I have just done the locking tuners. My drill is in my shed........

aphantomvaper,

I didn't notice the holes as I never removed the pickup rings. Did one screw at a time. Easy process though.

image000000-2.jpg

image000002.jpg

image000001.jpg

Back