NGD!!! Hollowbody II.....I need advice though

stevan5150

This baby should be here middle of this week, but my question is...I use dimarzio ClipLocks on all of my other guitars. I trust them and i love them, however i am a little hesitant to install it on this sucker. Is there any harm in using the screws that come with the dimarzio clip locks, Or will it strip the hole out? Any advice would be appreciated. I will be gigging with this usually at church and the occasional gig.

You gotta ask yourself, "Did he fire six bullets or only five?"

Wait - wrong movie.

Did you buy this guitar just so you can hold it and resell it later, or are you gonna play it and enjoy it?????

own your guitar dude.

go slow and mod until you're happy!

Last edited:
You gotta ask yourself, "Did he fire six bullets or only five?"

Wait - wrong movie.

Did you buy this guitar just so you can hold it and resell it later, or are you gonna play it and enjoy it?????

own your guitar dude.

go slow and mod until you're happy!

Yeah i am going to play it, but i guess i was kinda worried about the screw holes on these....

Some of the guys here use the factory screws to mount aftermarket locks. I'm not sure if Demarzios will work that way or not, but that is where I'd start.

The real concern here is if you have to use the Demarzio screws, are they fatter, longer or a different thread than the factory stock? for both fatter and longer, you're gonna need to drill a pilot hole to avoid the dreaded cracking. A different thread pitch is a bit harder to deal with. Gluring in little pieces of toothpicks and re drilling the pilot hole may be your only road....

That guitar is beyond beautiful! Enjoy it!

I just use regular straps with the stock buttons, but if I felt the need, I'd go with the Lock-it strap myself. Very smart design.

I'm thinking I'll probably use a Dimarzio clip lock with an SE that's on the way (yes, yes it is a ZM), but on the USA variety, I would stick with buttons. I had a custom 24 that I put schaller's on, but I ended up putting the original buttons back on when I sold it.

Get a Lock-It Strap and never worry about it again.

http://www.lockitstraps.com/pages/products

Dood! That's cool! Looks like with that spring action, it would still work well with the little Schaller strap lock buttons I've put on everything.

I wouldn't worry about the strap button screw holes on the Hollowbody any more than on regular guitars, though. There's plenty of wood there.

Back