NGD and Upgrade Question

radiomatts

So, UPS just let me know that today is NGD for me. My fourth PRS. SE 245 in Tobacco Sunburst. Made Guitar Center price match Amazon. One of their outside dealers was blowing them out at $499.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS-SE-245--Electric-Guitar-110864576-i4007553.gc

My question is: GC can get me a set of Phase II tuners for less than the PRS Store can. Would I have to drill the peghead to install these tuners? Thoughts, everyone?

yes, you will. check the SE mod thread for what folks have done to get locking tuners on their SE guitars without drilling.

Oh, Happy New Guitar Day!!! Post pics when you can. We love pics!!!

the Grover 406c tuners are a drop-in locking replacement for the SEs. I've replaced them on my SE 245 and my SE Custom Semi-hollow. I think most other replacement will require drilling (specifically the American PRS tuners)

yes, you will. check the SE mod thread for what folks have done to get locking tuners on their SE guitars without drilling.

Oh, Happy New Guitar Day!!! Post pics when you can. We love pics!!!

I absolutely will post pics. I have a couple of my PRS "cork sniffer" friends chastise me for buying an SE, but I don't care. A great guitar is a great guitar, no matter where it was made.

So the update here is that I'm not loving this guitar at all. The actual colour is much darker than the pics, and the neck is significantly chunkier than I like. I think this is going back. Thank goodness for Guitar Center's 30 day return policy.

That's a shame.

Oh, and tell your cork sniffer friends to pound sand. You get to decide how you will spend your own money. End of story.

That's a shame.

Oh, and tell your cork sniffer friends to pound sand. You get to decide how you will spend your own money. End of story.

My corksniffer friends already know me well enough. Just pulled the trigger on a dead mint Bernie Marsden instead of the SC 245. Great price too!

So the update here is that I'm not loving this guitar at all. The actual colour is much darker than the pics, and the neck is significantly chunkier than I like. I think this is going back. Thank goodness for Guitar Center's 30 day return policy.

That's too bad. Good news, bad news on the Marsden....great guitar...love it. However, it has the Wide Fat neck too. If that was the deciding factor on the 245 you're going to have the same issue. It's beefier than I was used to, but it grew on me before too long.

That's too bad. Good news, bad news on the Marsden....great guitar...love it. However, it has the Wide Fat neck too. If that was the deciding factor on the 245 you're going to have the same issue. It's beefier than I was used to, but it grew on me before too long.

This!!! In fact, the Bernie version of Wide Fat is often known to be thicker than typical.

Iam partial to fat necks they feel more comfortable to me,with the arthritis in my hands the back of my palm doesn't float around as much therefore my palm rests against the back of the neck.By the way my Bernie has the most comfortable neck other than my Santana.Like kes7u said if you don't like wide fat necks the Bernie will be going back too.

The Bernie's gotta be my favourite signature model. Congrats!

Back