New YouTube Channel

markd21

So after many years, I have decided to rerelease a ton of the indie singles and EPs that my various bands recorded over the years. The idea is, now that we're older, to try online distribution and marketing. The live years are over for now, so we're having fun in a different way.

I'm doing a YouTube for each band. These channels will have lyric videos as well little videos sharing what we remember about writing the song, the session, the time period, etc.

This first channel is for a band that I started in 1990. We were active writing, recording, and touring from '90 to 2005. From 2005 forward we'd write and record with singles being released DIY.

The first release on the channel is a tune we did back in 2016. We were in a Southern Rock mode at that time. The writing sessions resulted in six songs that we ended up recording. This one, "Tears Fall", has always stood out as of one our favorites.

Check it out, subscribe, comment, ask gear questions....but most of all? Enjoy!!! Thanks for your support.

Last edited:
V Cool Mr. MarkD21! I really like the two solos in the "Tears Fall" video, tight stuff!! I will admit, I wanted to see the tear fall on the image background when that lyric came about!!! Just a static image most of the video (except solos), but the tear falls whenever that lyric comes about ;~)) Anyway, thanks for sharing, looking forward to the next installment!!!

Thanks man!!!

I wish I knew how to make the tear fall!! That'd be killer. I'm ok at doing videos, but wish I could do more with effects and animations. I have to learn it. I'm using Vegas Pro 16.

Regarding the solos...those sessions were in the fall of 2016. I was just getting into PRS and hadn't come across a model I felt was suitable for the tones I wanted on those songs (6 songs total). At the time I had 2 or 3 S2s and a CE22. They were all great for live playing, but the #7 and Dragon 2 pickups just didn't have the right clarity for the music.

What I ended up using for electrics on the sessions were two Gretsch guitars, a G6128T Duo Jet and a G5420T Hollowbody. Both of those solos were done on the big, fat bodied Gretsch. They were painful to play!! Navigating the bulk of that instrument was not something I was used to. The tone was right so I just worked my way through until the solos were done. All one pass, no editing together. I have always looked back on those solos as two of my favorites!!

Just for fun trivia....

For amps I used a red Line 6 POD Pro - basically the kidney bean in 2 rack spaces. I used the model of the Deluxe Reverb and the AC30 model. No extra effects - everything came from the POD. I love the old kidney beans - guitar and bass. Gotta get those again.....

On "Tears Fall"

Thanks man!!!

I wish I knew how to make the tear fall!! That'd be killer. I'm ok at doing videos, but wish I could do more with effects and animations. I have to learn it. I'm using Vegas Pro 16.

Regarding the solos...those sessions were in the fall of 2016. I was just getting into PRS and hadn't come across a model I felt was suitable for the tones I wanted on those songs (6 songs total). At the time I had 2 or 3 S2s and a CE22. They were all great for live playing, but the #7 and Dragon 2 pickups just didn't have the right clarity for the music.

What I ended up using for electrics on the sessions were two Gretsch guitars, a G6128T Duo Jet and a G5420T Hollowbody. Both of those solos were done on the big, fat bodied Gretsch. They were painful to play!! Navigating the bulk of that instrument was not something I was used to. The tone was right so I just worked my way through until the solos were done. All one pass, no editing together. I have always looked back on those solos as two of my favorites!!

Just for fun trivia....

For amps I used a red Line 6 POD Pro - basically the kidney bean in 2 rack spaces. I used the model of the Deluxe Reverb and the AC30 model. No extra effects - everything came from the POD. I love the old kidney beans - guitar and bass. Gotta get those again.....

On "Tears Fall"
I'd be happy to take a whack at making the tear fall in that picture. I would probably use Adobe After Effects. If you want me to give it a shot (would be doing it for my own entertainment and challenge), send me the highest resolution version of that picture via a private message!

Back