New pickup day

Alnus Rubra

Loving nature’s wonders
Most of you know that I was kindly gifted a guitar back in 2019 by two incredibly generous guys (and some others).

Earlier this year John @Fullmoon 1971 reached out and sent me a trial set of pickups to put in my SE245. Due to my shoulder injury this was delayed and Kohn has been incredibly patient.

Fast forward to a few days ago and my guitar tech did the needful.

I’m really liking the clear bobbins for aesthetics.

And the tones coming out of these is immense.

Used the guitar exclusively during rehearsal on Thursday night and everyone in the band commented on the tone. Cut through beautifully and made playing great fun.

That is all.

Most of you know that I was kindly gifted a guitar back in 2019 by two incredibly generous guys (and some others).

Earlier this year John @Fullmoon 1971 reached out and sent me a trial set of pickups to put in my SE245. Due to my shoulder injury this was delayed and Kohn has been incredibly patient.

Fast forward to a few days ago and my guitar tech did the needful.

I’m really liking the clear bobbins for aesthetics.

And the tones coming out of these is immense.

Used the guitar exclusively during rehearsal on Thursday night and everyone in the band commented on the tone. Cut through beautifully and made playing great fun.

That is all.
Glad you like them buddy,

I must say they do really suit that guitar, enjoy.

Nice! What flavor of pickups are those?

Vaguely garlicky, with a little lemon twist!

They are my own design Low wind, low output.
If I remember correctly (too lazy to search through my files tonight) they were.

Neck was 7.2k maybe a little lower
Bridge was 7.4 or there abouts

I will pull out the spec sheet when I get home from my raucous night out and share.

Back