New guitar day: Limited-edition SE Custom 24 laurel burl exotic top. Wow!

Ok, so I'm in love with an SE. Is it ok to admit that?

I had a horrible experience with a DGT SE that I purchased new and was basically soured on the line, until I came across this in trade tonight.

It's a limited-edition SE Custom 24 laurel burl exotic top, which I believe they made 1500 of five years ago. The pickups have been swapped to an SD and Pariah, and as good as it sounds, I'm considering it an upgrade. If I had to describe what this is like to play and hear, it plays like an SG with a vibrato but sounds like a fat Tele from hell. And in no way is that sad.

The only thing I'm going to do is re-string with Paradigm Hybrid Slinkys, put on speed knobs, and maybe swap the push-pull knob for a push-push.

I also want locking tuners, so which ones should I order for this guitar?

Honestly, I haven't fallen this hard for a guitar the day I brought it home in a long time.
I'll never get rid of this one - ever.

SE-Exotic-Top-Cover-photo.jpg
Nice

Ok, so I'm in love with an SE. Is it ok to admit that?

I had a horrible experience with a DGT SE that I purchased new and was basically soured on the line, until I came across this in trade tonight.

It's a limited-edition SE Custom 24 laurel burl exotic top, which I believe they made 1500 of five years ago. The pickups have been swapped to an SD and Pariah, and as good as it sounds, I'm considering it an upgrade. If I had to describe what this is like to play and hear, it plays like an SG with a vibrato but sounds like a fat Tele from hell. And in no way is that sad.

The only thing I'm going to do is re-string with Paradigm Hybrid Slinkys, put on speed knobs, and maybe swap the push-pull knob for a push-push.

I also want locking tuners, so which ones should I order for this guitar?

Honestly, I haven't fallen this hard for a guitar the day I brought it home in a long time.
I'll never get rid of this one - ever.

SE-Exotic-Top-Cover-photo.jpg
Very nice.

Back