New CE and makeover in progress.....

It sits in my office closet still, life gets in the way of me devoting the time to finish it but she will see the light of day........just not today or tomorrow. I am torn between doing it 'right' and making it perfectly smooth, or saying F it and throwing the hardware on and rocking her as is.

I am torn between doing it 'right' and making it perfectly smooth, or saying F it and throwing the hardware on and rocking her as is.

Take it as far as you can. If you don't got time for it now you're missing a great opportunity to utilize the hardest part of the finishing process: waiting.

Have you still not shot the clear? Maybe you can slap some additional epoxy on the areas you're filling and get that sucker as smooth as you can, and wait.

Or just send it to me and I'll finish it... in my underwear.

Last edited:
Take it as far as you can. If you don't got time for it now you're missing a great opportunity to utilize the hardest part of the finishing process: waiting.

Have you still not shot the clear? Maybe you can slap some additional epoxy on the areas you're filling and get that sucker as smooth as you can, and wait.

Or just send it to me and I'll finish it... in my underwear.

A CE in Sergio's Underwear finish????

It'll be your new #1 AND #2!!!

Just remember the yellow side goes to the front and the side that looks like a dark natural is the back.

And you know, with Sergio's natural funkiness, this guitar will groove - it will NOT be a tighty-whitey!

Just remember the yellow side goes to the front and the side that looks like a dark natural is the back.

And you know, with Sergio's natural funkiness, this guitar will groove - it will NOT be a tighty-whitey!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Resurrecting an old thread, got sick of seeing this hanging in my office closet undone. Gonna throw it together tomorrow and play it as is, like me it will never be perfect but it will have some attitude. No clear coat, no perfect finish, no BS. It will relic naturally as I play it and a I am down with that.

Besides the wings it is getting back all original parts save for a new core nut; Dragon, one piece Mil-com bridge, volume pot and jack. No nonsense and with just a thin layer of color without clear should sound pretty decent. Will upload pics when finished, might take a day or to to finish setting it up.

Still need to wire it up and it seriously needs a setup but I am digging it.

KfZpBVa.jpg

ZOk1NBU.jpg

shh3Lnx.jpg

WEDGE I gotta tell ya...that's just ridiculous...ly AWSOME!

Back