New Alex Lifeson PRS model?!?!

Hot Damn...CE-Single Cut...unfinished neck (???) , single coil in the neck, 4 Humbuckers, acoustic pizza in the bridge...LOL...Either way, get him to the EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Not sure thats a smart move Bill...You and I may hold hands and follow him around like a couple of 12 year old Beiber fans! ;-)

I don't care what model, what colors, what appointments its has!
but...................

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rumor of an Alex Lifeson model has sort of been the Chupacabra of the PRS forums everywhere. Every few years it keeps popping up, but the actual guitar never appears. OTOH, I wouldn't mind if PRS did a replica of Alex's black CE-24.

What do you guys think of his Gibson sig? Did I just swear?? ;-)

Well... if I ever had to play a Gibson I'm fairly sure that would be it. The combination of singlecut, tremolo and piezo system make it a very versatile axe.

The rumor of an Alex Lifeson model has sort of been the Chupacabra of the PRS forums everywhere. Every few years it keeps popping up, but the actual guitar never appears. OTOH, I wouldn't mind if PRS did a replica of Alex's black CE-24.

You are correct to call it a rumor. All Alex said was "working with PRS on a new model". While it is a fair assumption to think of a sig model, it is a leap to take that information as more than an assumption based on the direct words from Alex. Some possibilities exist on the limited runs from this years experience with the SC trem model (maybe turned P model) and the semi hollow 408. Who knows? That is, until next year???

Since we are enjoying wishful thinking. I envision a singlecut P model with maybe 408's. Also a solidbody 12 string (again P model), or a new revision to the Hollowbody 12 string!

Last edited:
Someone start a pool! Oops...no gambling!! How about a POLL then?
It would be "nice" if it was an S2 CE24! I think that's what the S2 line needs and should be. Well, or an opaque topped plain jane dot CU24 but that's a different thread.

Since he likes a Paul with a trem, will probably go with a piezo equipped guitar, probably isn't looking to replace his ES,.... it MUST be a singlecut P24 with a trem and push pull everything?

An alder backed, bolt-on maple necked dc sure IS his tone though. The S2 line doesn't have a signature model yet. I can't see him being the poster child for a plain bare-bones bolt-on though. Yup...HAS to be a SC with a bunch of bells and whistles. That's what the core line needs. A loaded SC signature model.
Solved!

Back