New Alex Lifeson PRS model?!?!

TFC

That guitar really tied the room together
I just read this passage in an Alex Lifeson interview on Billboard's website: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5793228/rush-havent-stopped-or-quit-just-relaxing

Also out in Rush`s world now is "The Studio Albums 1989-2007," a seven-disc set of Rush's albums for Atlantic Records, as well as the "Vapor Trails Remixed" set that corrects some sonic flaws Lifeson says the trio has long heard in the album. Meanwhile, he's preparing for a hiatus that includes travel and working on a new guitar model with Paul Reed Smith, and as a Rock Hall inductee Lifeson was also happy to cast a ballot for this year's nominees.

:eek:

Anyone have details?

Last edited:
Sounds cool. I haven't heard anything about it, but I am really interested to see what happens given his current signature model.

OH YEAH!!!

Also in other Rush News, Clockwork Angels Tour DVD is in MOVIE THEATRES tonight...One day only.
I got notice my DVD shipped to me today.. :)

Crap! I might have to end up with a Floyd-equipped PRS...

Possibly. I've read interviews with him where he says he really likes the PRS trem. But of course, you can't get one of those on a Gibson. Definitely curious to see what kind of guitar it's going to be. Something like a P24 trem maybe? Singlecut?

It's a Singlecut CE with a piezo system, AP grade top, stained back including a stained neck, a PRS trem with an uproute and a newly reworked Chainsaw pickup in the bridge.

It's a Singlecut CE with a piezo system, AP grade top, stained back including a stained neck, a PRS trem with an uproute and a newly reworked Chainsaw pickup in the bridge.

Really? Do tell, how did you find out about this???

Hmmmmm....

I'm thinking I beat Lifeson to the punch! LOL

I'm guessing an acoustic model.

But...if he's gonna have a Signature model...given his past guitars...

A revamped CE24 with piezo...

Basically MY P22 trem specs (you're welcome Alex! LOL)....

I'm thinking...signature inlay at the 12th or 24th fret...

And NEW pickups...that'll be specially developed for the model.

This will be the big guessing game until January NAMM...

Can't wait to see how this one turns out!

Tony

Hmmmm... I'm thinking P22 or P24 6 string and/or maybe 12 string solidbody. The HB12 could be going by the wayside, and with the request for a 12 string piezo, I could see that maybe happening in the "P" lineup.

Hmmmmm....

I'm thinking I beat Lifeson to the punch! LOL

Alex must have read your thread and switched back to PRS! :)

I wonder what type of guitar it will be, if it's an electric, it will definitely have a piezo system built in.
Alex used to play CE series, so will he go back to what he was comfortable with? or maybe a singlecut trem P22?

First I've heard of it, but can't wait to see it if it's true. I first got into PRS because of Lifeson. Might not be a signature, though. He might just be providing input on a limited edition like he did with the 12-string hollowbody.

If it really is a signature PRS, then my guess is if it's either an alder/maple bolt-on a la the original CE 24, or a Singlecut of some kind.

Last edited:
Possibly. I've read interviews with him where he says he really likes the PRS trem. But of course, you can't get one of those on a Gibson. Definitely curious to see what kind of guitar it's going to be. Something like a P24 trem maybe? Singlecut?

Singlecut? Trem? Piezo?
I want it. I want it now.

I was just thinking last week if I could spec out a Private Stock, it would probably be a Tremonti with the P22 trem (with uprout), Dragon I pups, and a goldtop finish.

Hmm, since we're speculating here, how about an Alex Lifeson CE24 SE or an Alex Lifeson S2-CE24?

Edit: I noticed in the trailer for the Clockwork Angels DVD that the infamous 'Hentor Sportscaster' is right behind Alex at 1:22.

Last edited:
OH YEAH!!!

Also in other Rush News, Clockwork Angels Tour DVD is in MOVIE THEATRES tonight...One day only.
I got notice my DVD shipped to me today.. :)

I picked up the Blu-Ray - it looks spectacular. Only watched YYZ with the orchestra - very cool, and Alex mugs to those folks quite a bit.

Piezo-equipped CE24 variant has gotta be the best guess. It's certainly the PRS he's most identified with.

Hot Damn...CE-Single Cut...unfinished neck (???) , single coil in the neck, 4 Humbuckers, acoustic pizza in the bridge...LOL...Either way, get him to the EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Back