New Ad Track, Ford F-150

I think Lady Luck is always a huge factor, but making the most of it is definitely right there alongside luck!

On a similar note, I'm having my 1st interview in 9 years today, ugh! Same field, at least.
Good luck!

I'm sure you were great! Keep us posted!
It was 6 people interviewing me at once, via Zoom, so not the most pleasant format :confused:

It was at 7pm (they are west coast) and I had been working since 7am, so I was obviously not at my best. I'm pretty sure I showed a bit of irritation with a ridiculously vague question about the most basic of web application internals. Absolutely not a question I would ask of someone with 25+ years experience. I then asked if they had went through the code of the entire mid to large size sample project I sent them? The director got a weird look on his face and said that he hadn't sent that around :(.

I give them a perfect peek into my work and they don't avail themselves, so that's a bad sign to me. I think they are just desperate for another warm body.

Congratulations. That was fantastic. The music really tied in well with the visual message of the ad. I really loved the ambience created by your music. I'd definitely love to give it a listen without all the ad chit chat. Have you got anything else of yours that I can listen too ?

Congratulations. That was fantastic. The music really tied in well with the visual message of the ad. I really loved the ambience created by your music. I'd definitely love to give it a listen without all the ad chit chat. Have you got anything else of yours that I can listen too ?

Sorry, just saw this!

Yes, I have a fair amount of stuff.

The ad work is here, and if you scroll down you can see the ad 'reel' play. It opens with the tour video that started Carrie Underwood's live show a few years ago, but I think the rest is the ad stuff. There's even a little bit of international work done for Ford.

http://www.artifactdetroit.com

Then for the work I do for my own amusement, go here. There are two music pages, one for orchestral music, and another for electronic music: I've been working mostly on the orchestral stuff for the past year during COVID.

https://persistenceofmemory.band

Last edited:
Sorry, just saw this!

Yes, I have a fair amount of stuff.

The ad work is here, and if you scroll down you can see the ad 'reel' play. It opens with the tour video that started Carrie Underwood's live show a few years ago, but I think the rest is the ad stuff. There's even a little bit of international work done for Ford.

http://www.artifactdetroit.com

Then for the work I do for my own amusement, go here. There are two music pages, one for orchestral music, and another for electronic music: I've been working mostly on the orchestral stuff for the past year during COVID.

https://persistenceofmemory.band
Awesome !!! I'll check it out.

That’s one of the longer ads I’ve seen recently. The music choice makes sense...add textural interest out of the way of the visual and narration experience. And, as usual, you knocked it out of the park! It’s about knowing what your customer wants. Well done.

really great! it creates a good atmosphere! well done!

Thanks!

That’s one of the longer ads I’ve seen recently. The music choice makes sense...add textural interest out of the way of the visual and narration experience. And, as usual, you knocked it out of the park! It’s about knowing what your customer wants. Well done.

Kind words, my friend, thanks. There are shorter versions of the ad for broadcast. These days I never know what media ads will go to, but the long version is definitely for web.

They wanted some unusual percussion elements. So there are sticks hitting tree branches in the mishmash.

Finished this long form project for Ford F-150 up a week or so back. Now that it's posted on Ford's site I can link it.

My clients wanted a very, very simple track, something unexpected instead of a big, typical truck ad. Somehow this track won the gig (it was a competitive demo); dead-simple sometimes just works. It's more about texture and tone.

The guitar is the McCarty Trem I got last Fall from Mr. J. Gretz. Amps are the HXDA and a Mesa Fillmore.

Awesome! Great job Mr. Les!! That soundtrack really ties the room together!!!

Only thing I would say about the ad is "What world are they living in", people runnin' round without masks!!!

Keep 'em comin'!

Awesome! Great job Mr. Les!! That soundtrack really ties the room together!!!

Only thing I would say about the ad is "What world are they living in", people runnin' round without masks!!!

Keep 'em comin'!

Thanks!

I wondered about the mask thing, too.

Back