need help

gush

Where is that speedo pic
We set up in a small bar last night and I had an obnoxious buzz coming through my amp. I couldn't get it under control and it was very annoying.

I could stand at a certain angle to my amp and control it better but it was a real hassle doing that and rolling vol pot up and down.

I was totally stumped. Tried different cables different AC outlets shutting off lights going direct to amp. Different guitar. Oh and it was only with guitar volume up. With volume 3/4 or lower my gate would keep it at bay.

There was something in that building causing the buzz. Any suggestion at all from the experts?

If the volume pot would clean it up I don't think it was line noise. I think it was EMI coming from somewhere. You tried the lights, which is often the source. I've had it from a nearby computer before. Hate it when that hapens...

We get that periodically, depending on the venue. We call it "dirty power". More often than not, what we've found is, either fluorescent lighting and/or dimmer controls on lights, the dimmer controls being the worst of the problem. I'm assuming your using your PRS, so single coil's not an issue. I get it at a particular venue and I'm playing my Tele with single coil.

Back