NCD. Finally located one! (Mesa/Boogie content)

RickP

Established 1960, Still Not Dead
PRS related, as far as what will be feeding it!

I, some time ago, purchased a California Tweed head and 1x12" cab. Love it. It makes more volume than I need, but ever since I saw a picture of a Boogie mini-stack back in the late 70s, early 80s I've wanted to build one with two 1x12 cabs. No other reason than I think they look cool and I've never gotten around to doing it.

I really do love the sound of the original 100 watt Jensen Blackbird speaker in the Cali Tweed cabs, but it was quickly cut down to a 40 watter in later iterations. I found exactly one like I wanted since I started looking, and it wasn't local... no shipping. The speaker alone can go for nearly $400, so I was happy when a customer at Dave's Guitar in Madison tipped me off to a trade in there. And just like that, it's on the way. And it was under $400, with cover, shipped... I'm stoked!

Whole stack picture to follow on arrival!

Qd2njRJ.jpg

Excellent!

I’d love to try that amp, I liked the Fillmore clean mode a whole lot, but the drive modes didn’t do anything for me.
All of the Fillmore modes sound better (to me) with the Cali Tweed 2x12 than the 2x12 with Black Shadows it comes with (C-90s I think).

However, I'm not, and will never be, a high gain player, so of course take my comment with several grains of salt!

Back