NBD

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
New Book Day. This was released in 2022, and I had no idea. I am embarrassingly far behind in my Vintage Guitar subscription. Like 2 years behind. I found out about this book in a 2022 issue that I just finished reading. Had to get it. He's one of my favorites with "Victims of the Future" being my favorite release by him. Need to move this one to the front of the book pile.........

kHCzEb7.jpg

He’s the one guy I never got to see live that I really regret. Huge talent
Me either. Never had a chance. I was looking at his tour history at the Concert Archives and Setlist websites and I can't find a US date after 1997 (which was only a couple of dates). More shows in 83 and 87, and a few in 94. Looks like he wasn't big on touring, and when he did he kept it in Europe.

He’s the one guy I never got to see live that I really regret. Huge talent.

Phenomenal guitarist.

OTOH, complete tosser in terms of borrowing gear to record with, based on the possibility he would buy it, then giving it back after having used it......

That’s odd. How would you even know that?

Because I was one of the ones he borrowed original 'bursts off (a '58, and two '60s) on precisely that pretext, way back in the late'90s. I found out from a good friend in London, who'd experienced the same thing, that he was taking them to record with rather than out of any genuine purchasing interest.

Did you perhaps think I was making it up; and what's "odd" about it?

"Victims of the Future" being my favorite release by him.
I used to play every song on that album. He had several albums in that era that were some of my very favorite “put it on and play along” albums.
That’s odd. How would you even know that?

I liked his rock era but his blues stuff is what made really me stand up and pay attention.
Opposite for me. I really liked his blues stuff, but when he went hard rock I really loved it. He didn’t mind being a little loose, as he was just flat out going for it.

Because I was one of the ones he borrowed original 'bursts off (a '58, and two '60s) on precisely that pretext, way back in the late'90s. I found out from a good friend in London, who'd experienced the same thing, that he was taking them to record with rather than out of any genuine purchasing interest.

Did you perhaps think I was making it up; and what's "odd" about it?

Without knowing your background I was only implying that is some cool details and info to know about, no disrespect intended.

Back