NAD! am i in the club now?

DHW

Bit the bullet and traded the mustang 3 toward a Marshall dsl40c. Got a killer deal! Got it home an realized there was a tube not seated well so after fiddling with that got down to it. On a thread on the guitar board someone told me 1 good sound was better than 100 mediocre ones. I now fully understand the meaning behind that. The amp sounds great at all volume levels including so low you can hear the strings over the amp. I'm in love!

Oh and the Dr pure blues still sound amazing!

See, now I need an American prs to take advantage of this beast.... It truly never ends!

See, now I need an American prs to take advantage of this beast.... It truly never ends!

Just get a couple of PRS amps and some private stocks to go with that thing, and you'll be in business!

And yeah, it never, ever ends. ;)

So being the sort that can't leave stuff alone... I am looking at these tubes like the "starter strings" on a guitar... I am looking at matched sets and have it narrowed down to JJ KT77 and JJ 6ca7 to match up with 4x ECC83S, the phase invertor one will be graded and balanced. I intend to lift the leg on the c19 cap while I am in there getting the bias right. What is everyone's thoughts between these power tubes? I am planning to skip the gold pins as I am not looking for butter smooth and don't want to lose all the grit. Grunge, punk, blues, rock, bluesy-rocky jack whitey, classic rock sort of stuff. It will occasionally be in the clean clean setting but more than likely the crunch side of the clean channel will be as clean as it will get.

Back