My tonal euphoria

Danerada

Goatee Practitioner
This is my tone euphoria. I am so pleased with this combination. The guitar is a McSoapy with Thorn GT-90's. Punchy and clear with aggression in the higher volume sweep, yet clean tone that is full and round in the mid volume sweep.

The amp is outstanding!!!! Plenty of headroom, and the headroom is full and bell-like. The breakup starts between 12 o'clock and 1 o'clock. The gain goes from a sweet light crunch to an ample amount of saturated gain with a nice smooth transition between the two, all the while staying creamy.

The eq section is very very sensitive and usable.

The amp sounds best with the Master between 2 o'clock and wide open and the volume to taste.

Here's a couple of pics.

001.jpg

001.jpg

Looks like a sweet setup Dane! Does that amp have verb? For whatever reason, I'm unfamiliar with the Dallas series. I really need something in that camp at some point though.

Finally, the Bugs has come home where it belongs.

I've got to pick your brain about the GT-90s. That's where I'm leaning next.

That at needs to attend the next Jones Reunion. ;)

Finally, the Bugs has come home where it belongs.

I've got to pick your brain about the GT-90s. That's where I'm leaning next.

That at needs to attend the next Jones Reunion. ;)

Those GT-90's are great. Very bold and clear. Very good with gain or clean. Highly recommended.

Congrats on your tonal nirvana Dane!

Those GT-90's are great. Very bold and clear. Very good with gain or clean. Highly recommended.
Thanks bro. The Minihumbucker just didn't float my boat, dirty: clean, it was shimmering. (Thanks again, btw) You and Dirty Bob keep leading me down this same path, and now Dane. Ok, ok, ok...I give! :laugh:

Sorry for the derail.

Back