MusicRadar gives PRS Killer Kudo's!

bigcohoona

big~C
I've always appreciated Musicradar.com. They have great articles, honest reviews, and help keep me up with the the Jones' in terms of what's going on with world-wide Musicana.

I was checking out some of their past "Top of" lists and ran across their "2015, 22 Best High End Electric Guitars - Under $2k" list.

3 PRS models were in the top ten, 2 of them in the top 3 (one of them the S2 Singlecut I just purchased!).

Maybe this has been posted here already, if so my apologies. If not, Enjoy!

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...ars-under-2000-3600-in-the-world-today-600517

big~C

prs-s2-singlecut-650-80.jpg

There are a couple of PRSes in their updated 2015 budget guitars list too. I enjoy their reviews as well, but sometimes it seems like they like everything...

There are a couple of PRSes in their updated 2015 budget guitars list too. I enjoy their reviews as well, but sometimes it seems like they like everything...

I agree... I liked their Fender / Gibson nod at the end. I appreciated that they had a Chapman in that Budget review! I love "Chapper's & The Cap'n" videos from Andertons, their joint venture "Chapman Guitars" are churning out some great instruments. They are made in the same S. Korean factory as PRS' SE's.

Last edited:
Great showing for PRS! It shows that PRS has main line production guitars that are awesome. Honestly, the only threat is the Schecter PT USA. Killer telecaster, just ask Pete T.

Great showing for PRS! It shows that PRS has main line production guitars that are awesome. Honestly, the only threat is the Schecter PT USA. Killer telecaster, just ask Pete T.

I'll check it out! I think PRS has nailed the $1000-$1500 range but the SE's I personally think are on par with much of the competition. My 2 SE Tremonti's I sent back were great sounding, but each one had minor issues (scalloping, fret glue, etc.). When there are Fernandes, Godin, & Fender American Special's for under $1K, and Chapman, Lonestar, or Road House Strats, etc. for $600 and under I think there is still some very good competition out there to keep PRS off their laurels... it's the American way!

I'm personally hoping that PRS expands their S2 range, I think the new Vela is fantastic, but tonally it wasn't a good fit for me. I'd love to see that same body shape in an HH (#7's), HSS, or SSS incorporating the D-Coil. I'd also like to see PRS come out with an options package for their S2's. Extra $75 for Bigsby, Extra $100 for Custom/Maple Cap, Extra $200 for AAA Maple Cap :D and make the Ice Blue Fire-Mist color available on every single S2!

Did you notice, the 2g tag on that review is in Sterling not $US?
22 best high-end electric guitars under £2,000/$3600 in the world today

As my luthier friend likes to say, now we`re really in the golden age of guitars. No matter what you spend, there`s something you can take to the gig and sound good. I do consider PRS the best of all production guitars at every price point. Musically, I stopped searching when I got my first one. Now it`s up to my hands and brain to get me the rest of the way.

As my luthier friend likes to say, now we`re really in the golden age of guitars. No matter what you spend, there`s something you can take to the gig and sound good. I do consider PRS the best of all production guitars at every price point. Musically, I stopped searching when I got my first one. Now it`s up to my hands and brain to get me the rest of the way.

Completely agree, I was thinking just last night as I was playing that everything was perfect. The frets, pattern regular neck, the tone, and that there was absolutely no excuse for me not batten down the hatches for a season and really learn. I'm primarily a Keyboardist so it's always a struggle... and as a composer with a good ear, it's just so easy to figure out what I have in my head that I don't care so much about the why's of what sounds good. I've never been into any real "style" (aside all of them) so I may just pick one to force myself to get to know modes and theory better... I have my Grimoire packed away somewhere :D

We really are incredibly spoiled. Like, you I probably have a new Maryland home for electrics (Acoustics from Bob in Cali). I haven't found the SSS sound I like (very close to it with my Singlecut), but that would probably be in the 22 Custom which is next on my list.

I just noticed you are in my old stomping grounds. I attended West Springfield High School back in the day... use to Row on the Potomac & Occoquan.

Did you notice, the 2g tag on that review is in Sterling not $US?

Saw that as well. It's a UK based website. I found this website from reading their "Computer Music" magazine, one of the best for DAW based music.

Last edited:
Back