Motorcycling with others

First off gush, screw those trying to alter you plans! LaCrosse is awesome IMO and you and the wife should ditch the others and go it alone! As for Sturgis in 2000, same here, I was there and I will never go back to that area during the Sturgis Rally!! Great riding country, but not with that kind of temporary population! Although I did get to see Johnny Lang play and I had never heard of him so that was nice. I have admired his skills ever since!!!

As for my riding experience, late 80's I got my first bike, Yamaha 650 Special! After spending a few of my 9 lives on that bike, I sold it!! I realized pretty quick that motorcycles and tequila were never meant to be friends (at least not in my hands)!!!

After I was on a much more stable platform with the booze, I purchased a new Heritage Springer Softail in 2000! Did 500 miles to break it in locally, had it checked out at dealer and then left on a 13,293 mile tour across America, which was a dream since I was a child!! Nine weeks on the road and of those miles, less than 1,000 was on the interstate (and most of those were going through Texas). I would ride each day until about 2 hours before sundown, would then pull out a map, find a campground (did not have GPS, cell phone, etc.), get me a six pack, some food, set up camp, eat, drink, write a song, go to sleep, get up and pack up for the next day. Probably looked like Jed Clampett to many going down the road with all the stuff I bungied onto my NON touring bike! Only a few destinations on that whole trip. Those destinations included some Bob Dylan concerts, Mom's house, Martin Guitar Factory, Graceland, grandparents house and Sturgis. Other than that, just cruised the country coast to coast, top to bottom!!!

In 2003, I purchased my Screamin' Eagle Deuce from CVO! Was not looking for a second bike, but when I saw it, I had to have it!! Between those two bikes, I rode about 130,000 miles in 6 years, have not ridden since for a number of reasons, but still have both bikes. Will eventually mount them on some walls ;~))

PCH, Blue Ridge Parkway and some road in Idaho were my favorites ever. I don't remember the name of the highway in Idaho, but when I saw a sign indicating twisty road for the next 63 miles, I just smiled as it was all along a mountain stream! EPIC!!

As for fast bikes and dirt bikes, can't do it! I would be dead real quick!! I am just far too aggressive and I know I would kill myself with either!!!

Shiny side up y'all, safe and sane!

First off gush, screw those trying to alter you plans! LaCrosse is awesome IMO and you and the wife should ditch the others and go it alone! As for Sturgis in 2000, same here, I was there and I will never go back to that area during the Sturgis Rally!! Great riding country, but not with that kind of temporary population! Although I did get to see Johnny Lang play and I had never heard of him so that was nice. I have admired his skills ever since!!!

As for my riding experience, late 80's I got my first bike, Yamaha 650 Special! After spending a few of my 9 lives on that bike, I sold it!! I realized pretty quick that motorcycles and tequila were never meant to be friends (at least not in my hands)!!!

After I was on a much more stable platform with the booze, I purchased a new Heritage Springer Softail in 2000! Did 500 miles to break it in locally, had it checked out at dealer and then left on a 13,293 mile tour across America, which was a dream since I was a child!! Nine weeks on the road and of those miles, less than 1,000 was on the interstate (and most of those were going through Texas). I would ride each day until about 2 hours before sundown, would then pull out a map, find a campground (did not have GPS, cell phone, etc.), get me a six pack, some food, set up camp, eat, drink, write a song, go to sleep, get up and pack up for the next day. Probably looked like Jed Clampett to many going down the road with all the stuff I bungied onto my NON touring bike! Only a few destinations on that whole trip. Those destinations included some Bob Dylan concerts, Mom's house, Martin Guitar Factory, Graceland, grandparents house and Sturgis. Other than that, just cruised the country coast to coast, top to bottom!!!

In 2003, I purchased my Screamin' Eagle Deuce from CVO! Was not looking for a second bike, but when I saw it, I had to have it!! Between those two bikes, I rode about 130,000 miles in 6 years, have not ridden since for a number of reasons, but still have both bikes. Will eventually mount them on some walls ;~))

PCH, Blue Ridge Parkway and some road in Idaho were my favorites ever. I don't remember the name of the highway in Idaho, but when I saw a sign indicating twisty road for the next 63 miles, I just smiled as it was all along a mountain stream! EPIC!!

As for fast bikes and dirt bikes, can't do it! I would be dead real quick!! I am just far too aggressive and I know I would kill myself with either!!!

The 3rd couple did not go so our plans to go there stayed in place.

We ran through rain going up and we knew that was going to happen so the girls took our convertible and the two of us took bikes.

Fun trip. Love LaCrosse

I had a 2004 CVO Deuce, the blue and black one. That was a freaking great bike. That was the Harley that every man wanted. It was all chromed out sporty and had a great sound to it. I traded it in on a Sport Glide in January of 2019. I then traded the Sport Glide along with my Ultra Classic on a new CVO Street Glide in September of 2020. That is what I have now. I got tired of having to maintain and store two bikes. This one suits me well.

Of course I can't say for sure, but if I were a betting soul I'd say it was likely the Lolo Pass. Freaking awesome road!

My last little foray out into the interior of BC was pure m/c heaven. Nothing but warm dry days and two of the curviest highways in all of Canada. My Goldwing buddies called me "sparky" from the showers I lay down from my titanium pucks on the running boards. I have yet to drag a knee on the Wing, but I'm getting there....one day I will I'm sure. All that track riding leaves an impression in the muscle memory. Em, of course, that's when the missus ain't there to berate me!:D

Back