MEQ Refinished - Almost NGD

Brazilian wood

Hi, some time ago, I have written a post about fading a MEQ under the sun. When it faded, the burst (the part I didn't like) did not disappear and the top, despite enhancing the flames, became a sort of green which start to annoy me (Never bonded to the dark blue back). I have sent an email to PTC but I have given up the idea because it would be difficult and expensive to send the guitar to US (I am in Brazil) and then get it back and also take the risks with customs issues. So I asked a friend and local luthier (www.sjguitarbass.com.br) and he agreed to refinish her to me. After 1 month the guitar came back in a beautiful satin charcoal which I'm lovin.

I know that now the guitar is almost unsaleable but since Its my favorite PRS to play home and study I am not worried about it, at least for now!

Would like to share with you the pictures: before, after sun fading, and after refinishing with the other 2 PRS siblings ( a McCARTY artist 2007 and a HB2 Artist 2012) and another picture of the rest of the family (non PRS).

P.S. If someone do not like it and prefer the before pics please feel free to criticize!!!! LOL

David

[/IMG]
Imagem084_zps08a3668a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC00357_zpsfc987739.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC00360_zps245c85ef.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC01097.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks great!

I appreciate your hard work to help stop the proliferation of blue guitars in this world.

Looks awesome now! In fact...looked great in all three versions. It does have me wondering now if PRS does it's Makena Blue finish by exposing a Whale Blue guitar to sunlight.

Hey Brazilian...you almost had Blue Crab after the fade...I love that...but the grey is beautiful, too. Thanks for sharing!! Nice collection!

Back