Maple fretboards... I think I need one, let's see 'em!

sergiodeblanc

Oh man, I want an old SAS.... No! I want a Johnny Hiland, maybe I need an old "Electric" with a maple board? I'm selling some old DJ gear that might free up some cash for a new-ish guitar, and I need you all to convince me that I would be doing the responsible thing by purchasing a guitar rather than blowing it on clubs, champagne, women, and other such temporary pleasures.

What 'cha got? No pickguards please, and four bolts are better than none.

My pops had an old SAS and a Hiland. I loved them both (you already know how I feel about the McBass on the SAS). The Hiland was really cool.

Do it! Well, except make sure to save some money for the ladies...

My only maple fretboard guitar is also my only non-PRS guitar. It's a 2002 Warmoth body one piece swamp ash, with a more recent USA Custom Guitars 25" conversion scale maple/maple neck - .86 U carve with 10" radius. Fralin hum canceling P-90 for Jazzmaster pickups. I call it my poor man's SAS...

IMG_3117.jpg

Well as long as non PRS are ok to post, here is my only maple neck guitar. It's a John Connolly (Sevendust) Custom Epi Les Paul.

9fc84c22269d76e33de9da3a446124d6.jpg

I have come pretty close to buying on of these so I can send it in to PTC. Still looking for the right one. If I found one this nice I am certain someone would have my money quickly.

I talked to Shawn about giving mine some siggy treatment, but I quite like it as it is - after Shawn and the lads freshened up the electronics.

How do you find the Maple Neck with the RW Board on the P22? I have 2 CE's with the Maple/RW combo but I'm thinking of getting an Artist P22 with a Maple Neck.

iirc, the Experience P22 is some South American ebony. it's snappy but not insane.

OK so I'm pretty sure I want to get a Maple Board now... saw a few pictures of a Custom 22 in Aqua Verde Fog with a Maple Neck/Board and it's JAW DROPPING!!! So let's see if we can get a few more pictures posted of those Maple Boards!!

Oh yes, maple is a must for any worthy collection....

null_zps0212f8cc.png
[/URL][/IMG]

null_zpsbe8063d7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DK2MQ_zpse3654a2b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zps4a1c1629.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zps1cfd0ee8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zps0986178a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zps40e67274.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zps7e20d380.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Some PRS maple....

IMG_4723.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_1050-2.jpg

Some worn in maple
IMG_5928.jpg

Some of that old maple you were talking about.......
IMG_2832.jpg

Rockin Maple
IMG_5865.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

Back